Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Bluetooth streaming help with nhdp-w56s stereo

Hi everyone, I took delivery of my 2006 3L Thursday last week. I have managed to connect my phone for calls only, has anyone got experience with this type of head unit and is it possible to to stream music and hear maps through the stereo?

Any help will be appreciated 

Thanks

Ryan

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 11.35.38.png

I do not think GPS will work here. The rest can be worked out with google translate on your phone. Mine has a different head unit. I did it with google translate personally. If it is not a hybrid vehicle then you are better off getting a UK head unit installed than Bob's your Uncle. 

1 hour ago, RyanB said:

Hi everyone, I took delivery of my 2006 3L Thursday last week. I have managed to connect my phone for calls only, has anyone got experience with this type of head unit and is it possible to to stream music and hear maps through the stereo?

Any help will be appreciated 

Thanks

Ryan

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 11.35.38.png

Looks like a Japanese head unit.

Sat Nav will not work, as it won't be able to communicate with the correct satellite.

Thanks all for your replies, so no simple way of way of streaming Spotify through the Bluetooth then? 

Was hoping I wouldn't have to swap the stereo out straight away but if that's the option I'll have to order one up.

7 minutes ago, RyanB said:

Thanks all for your replies, so no simple way of way of streaming Spotify through the Bluetooth then? 

Was hoping I wouldn't have to swap the stereo out straight away but if that's the option I'll have to order one up.

Have you tried your video input on the back of your centre console ?

If you can get a analogue Spotify audio signal out of any device, that should work.

12 hours ago, Rojie said:

Have you tried your video input on the back of your centre console ?

If you can get a analogue Spotify audio signal out of any device, that should work.

That's not a bad idea, I have the input on the front of mine. So will give that a go. I knew I'd have to replace it at some point just maybe in a month or so.

In the 4 days I've had the car it's the only thing that's stumped me 😅

28 minutes ago, John Freer said:

Ben fitted a device to mine that allows me to use my mobile phone with all phone functions on screen including mirroring that includes the drop down 2nd screen 

Oh ok that sounds good, where abouts is he located? I'm down on the sussex coast.

1 hour ago, John Freer said:

He is in Birmingham maybe too far away? You could always try a suitable play device in your front outlet but I don’t know which one to recommend 

Thanks for your replies, yeah Birmingham is a good few hours away for me unfortunately. I'll have a look at a few bluetooth play devices and see if anything will work for now. 

I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of changing the head unit on ours, so I bought a decent FM transmitter, which have improved over the years, plugged it in the cigarette socket, set it on 87.5, set the FM radio on the same, turned on bluetooth on phone, job done. As We use Alexa loads its on my phone so we now have Alexa in the Alphard as well as Amazon music, all for £15 , just make sure there is room to plug it in as the cigarette socket is a bit recessed.

50 minutes ago, Bazzer1955 said:

I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of changing the head unit on ours, so I bought a decent FM transmitter, which have improved over the years, plugged it in the cigarette socket, set it on 87.5, set the FM radio on the same, turned on bluetooth on phone, job done. As We use Alexa loads its on my phone so we now have Alexa in the Alphard as well as Amazon music, all for £15 , just make sure there is room to plug it in as the cigarette socket is a bit recessed.

If it it just FM you need, this should work without any Bluetooth.

I had one in a previous vehicle. It was OK; but could suffer from ignition pickup from the spark plugs.

8 hours ago, Rojie said:

If it it just FM you need, this should work without any Bluetooth.

I had one in a previous vehicle. It was OK; but could suffer from ignition pickup from the spark plugs.

You may have had something different as this is a transmitter which picks up everything from your phone like calls, Google maps, music etc via bluetooth and transmits it to your fm radio as long as they are both  tuned to an empty frequency, for me it is 87.5 fm, it gets its power from the cigarette lighter socket, I do not get any interference from anything electrical or otherwise, now I said that I probably will now LOL🤣

Edited by Bazzer1955
Adding info

On 4/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, Bazzer1955 said:

You may have had something different as this is a transmitter which picks up everything from your phone like calls, Google maps, music etc via bluetooth and transmits it to your fm radio as long as they are both  tuned to an empty frequency, for me it is 87.5 fm, it gets its power from the cigarette lighter socket, I do not get any interference from anything electrical or otherwise, now I said that I probably will now LOL🤣

I did have something different. No phone involved.