Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hi all afs light keeps flashing and saying afs off pressing switch on dash does nothing  anybody have ideas what is wrong

Unfortunately, the flashing indicates a fault.

The head lights should still work fine, but won't turn as you steer and change speed !

Thanks for info I know it’s to do with lights not moving as I turn but I am looking for info on fault i.e where to start looking for fault thanks for your help

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Thanks for info I know it’s to do with lights not moving as I turn but I am looking for info on fault i.e where to start looking for fault thanks for your help

Sorry, I don't have the faintest idea where to start.

I seem to recall a previous response indicating the system used several sensors, all interlinked through an ECU.

Hi. Managed to track cause off fault   Broken link arm on rear axle offside for levelling headlights repaired and afs fault gone. Thanks for all your help and advice 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hi. Managed to track cause off fault   Broken link arm on rear axle offside for levelling headlights repaired and afs fault gone. Thanks for all your help and advice 

Well done. 

Thanks for letting us all know.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 7:37 PM, Torq2u said:

Could it be related to ABS? Mine was faulty and the AFS light came on flashing. It stopped flashing when ABS was fixed. Just a thought.

what was wrong with ABS?   I have it as well