Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Suggestion for swivel seat turntable for middle row, AYH30

Would like the two second row seats to swivel when we are parked up for a picnic.  They have integrated 3-point seat belts.  Can't find any UK converter, or UK or Euro turntable manufacturer, who will give me the time of day, the car isn't in their catalogue they say, so No Can Do.  I'm thinking of just buying a pair of turntables and drilling the required holes myself as Plan A.  Any suggestions, please, on the turntable I should adapt?  Just go for the common "VW T5/T6 Passengers Turntable/Single Seat Swivel Base", say, or perhaps the "General Purpose Heavy Duty Truck Seat Swivel"?  Both give 28~30 mm rise, no problem, there is lots of head room. 

Plan B is to remove the seats and fit a pair of after-market captain's seats to the existing track on the floor.  Similar problem (no one has anything in their catalogue to fit an AYH30), not so easy to solve because of the required compatibility to the 17 mm / 5/8" T-track on 381 mm / 15" centres.  But any suggestions on possibly compatible seats most welcome!

Many thanks!

9 hours ago, Lester said:

Would like the two second row seats to swivel when we are parked up for a picnic.  They have integrated 3-point seat belts.  Can't find any UK converter, or UK or Euro turntable manufacturer, who will give me the time of day, the car isn't in their catalogue they say, so No Can Do.  I'm thinking of just buying a pair of turntables and drilling the required holes myself as Plan A.  Any suggestions, please, on the turntable I should adapt?  Just go for the common "VW T5/T6 Passengers Turntable/Single Seat Swivel Base", say, or perhaps the "General Purpose Heavy Duty Truck Seat Swivel"?  Both give 28~30 mm rise, no problem, there is lots of head room. 

Plan B is to remove the seats and fit a pair of after-market captain's seats to the existing track on the floor.  Similar problem (no one has anything in their catalogue to fit an AYH30), not so easy to solve because of the required compatibility to the 17 mm / 5/8" T-track on 381 mm / 15" centres.  But any suggestions on possibly compatible seats most welcome!

Many thanks!

Have you tried Northstar Conversations on the Isle of Wight ?

They are the only company I know that produce/use swivels that I know, and that's for Gen 1 vehicles, and they don't fit the middle row.

My guess is Gen 3 is a little too young for them; but worth a phone call.