Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2002 Alphard 3.0 MZ-G - Electronic Key Fob Sourcing

My Alphard came from the Dealer with only one electronic key/fob (  + 2 spare manual keys for opening the doors if necessary ). Does anyone know where to obtain a new spare electronic key for this car, and if any alternative Toyota fobs may be encoded ( and how do you do this ). I would prefer a spare key just in case of loss or failure. I could go to a Toyota Dealer and ask but would anticipate a blank look. 

• 4 months later...

Thanks Slinky,

Presumably Rugeley Staffs need the vehicle to achieve this.

Apparently, my local Toyota is not allowed to source the original Toyota key blanks for grey imports, so I have; hopefully they will work!

I don't see cutting the key as a problem, it IS just a key blade; but 'matching' it to the car could be.

I have read somewhere that the key can be programmed by the car; which is what I am going to try.

Try motor.hongda2 on ebay. 

Key chip code is 4D67. This is the chip with the correct frequency.

If it isn't 4D67 don't buy it.

I took the risk of buying one.

I was going to try to program it myself but decided it was too risky as any damage caused to the car would be very expensive to fix.

Nor did I want to risk my immobiliser working and shutting the car down !!!!

My Master key had no remote electronics within it. Key worked fine, but no remote opening of my electric slide doors.

The immobiliser chip is within the casing of the key; not in the electronics, so be careful you don't throw away your master

I tried several places, including my local Toyota dealer, who all declined the job.

Toyota dealers are not allowed to program for grey imports, and, although, Timpson et al say they can do it; they wouldn't touch my self sourced key.

They gave me a price to supply a key from Japan and program it. I decided I didn't need another mortgage.

I found a local company to me, a proper professional auto locksmith, which came to my home. Unfortunately, for others, the company is not a national franchised outfit

So far it works fine, and I will be buying another. About £17 pounds for the key. £85 to program it. This included cloning my old key into the new key; so my new key is a master key now.

So, get a key and persevere until you find a auto locksmith that will program it for your successfully.

Good Luck

Afterthought.

Sorry, just to clarify this.

My Alphard is 2006, and I bought a key that suits that year.

I assume the ebay guy does those too, but my info about the 4D7 code may be incorrect for the year 2002.

I suggest you check carefully.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am quite late to the party, but I have been doing tons of research and googling to find the correct remote/key/fob for my 2004 (Although, I am still trying to find some answers. See my question here). Anyway, I did come across this web page that lists the transponder for different Toyota models and years:
https://www.transpondery.com/transponder_catalog/toyota_transponder_catalog.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karl C said:

Hi, I am quite late to the party, but I have been doing tons of research and googling to find the correct remote/key/fob for my 2004 (Although, I am still trying to find some answers. See my question here). Anyway, I did come across this web page that lists the transponder for different Toyota models and years:
https://www.transpondery.com/transponder_catalog/toyota_transponder_catalog.html

VERY useful information, Karl, thank you from all  our 'key searcher' community.