Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MOT Test Advisories

I have written this on the campers forum, but is applicable on all Alphards. Last year when tested, my Alphard Camper produced 2 advisories, one for the front suspension [both sides]and one for the rear [both sides]. I immediately ordered the necessary mountings and both front bottom wishbones[the joints could have been ordered separately], but as I anticipated doing the work myself it would be much easier the fit the complete wishbones. Unfortunately I had a major operation in June and got so behind whilst recovering, with other work,I gave the task to my MOT garage, Red Post, BUDE. They suggested that as the mileage during the year was quite low, it would probably still be OK. The Alphard passed with now one advisory, as we agreed to replace both sides front suspension. The rear bushes will be replaced around April next year when the garage is less busy.

I had purchased all the necessary parts last year, so it was just fitting and the MOT to pay for. It cost  £320 labour and included the MOT Test, which I consider good value as some of the mounting bolts had been fitted from manufacture, downwards and the engine had to be lifted to gain access. Glad I didn't do the work myself!!