Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Engine, VSC OFF, Traction Ctrl lights all of a sudden?

HI All, 

I am new to the forum. I bough a Vellfire 2010 last week from a dealer and all of a sudden about 2 days ago the engine light(steady), VSC off (blinking) and traction control (steady) lights came ON. I going to take it to the local garage to see what is going on. However has anyone has any simillar problems before. The car drives fine. there seems no loss of power. Is there something that I need to look for. I went into a fit of researching this on the internet and a lot of them say it could be the fuel cap. The engine light is steady when the car is turned on. The other 2 lights come on as soon as i move the car about 5 meters. Thank you in advance. 

Regards

Riaz

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-11 at 9.39.13 PM.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to take it to the dealers today however In the end it turned out to be an easy fix. Saved me a trip to the dealer who is about an hour away. 

Bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII reader from eBay for less than £10. Did the diagnostics and found out that it was running lean. Error code P0171/P0174

On inspection (assuming it was the MAF sensor) there was a pipe running from the engine to the airbox which had come loose.

Resecured it and the lights were still on. Detached the negative from the battery and plugged it back on to reset the codes.

HAPPY DAYS!!!

Hope this helps someone 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have vellfire year 2008 noe probleum is the vsc clip2 engin light onn n tract light also onn.after reset.danosis show p1589 acceleratio learning value.how i must to do

6 hours ago, mr tan h c said:

I have vellfire year 2008 noe probleum is the vsc clip2 engin light onn n tract light also onn.after reset.danosis show p1589 acceleratio learning value.how i must to do

Hello 'Tan',

Welcome to the Forum.