Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

All Alphard Vellfire Battery Specs

Hi, if you have the battery specification for your Alphards / Vellfires (2008-2015), please share them?

I noticed mine has battery with a number on it  80D23L and I was told this is the number used in Japan to find replacement batteries. I was also told mine is Diesel engine battery as it has D in it. Crazy.. 

Btw Mine is 3.5L Vellfire.

IMG_5663.jpeg

the D refers to width and height, not diesel.

80D23L = Performance score (based on capacity and cranking(80) Width/height (173mm x 204mm) length (230mm) left terminal -ve (L)

Try to get the performance score as high as possible, the D23L part are important to ensure it fits in the battery holder and clamp.

• Thanks 1

I understand that 

Bosch S4 026

Or

Varta E23

Both are suitable replacement for 20 series 3.5L engines. Pictures attached of batteries and also better spec page suggesting 55D23L or 80D26L. 

45206c55-4910-4379-a258-abcb16d62eed.jpeg

88908d99-b431-4f15-b236-5609e87b2d23.jpeg

7c71f0d6-82bc-4b72-b59b-433a80b42531.jpeg

nice, i have a 75D23L installed, max I have seen online in a D23L size was 95A (95D23L) - moving to D26L may be the way to go.

At moment, I just carry a spare battery from my old 3L Diesel in the back with jumpleads, just in case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

nice, i have a 75D23L installed, max I have seen online in a D23L size was 95A (95D23L) - moving to D26L may be the way to go.

At moment, I just carry a spare battery from my old 3L Diesel in the back with jumpleads, just in case.

How long the spare battery might stay charged in the boot?

11 hours ago, Teekay said:

The colder the temperatures get, the shorter it will last.

Bear in mind, that allowing a battery to discharge to 50%, or less, is not advisable.

I have my spare battery on constant trickle charge with a smart charger and it is therefore always available, albeit at home, so it remains 'available' at all times.

I have hefty jump leads in the van.

I did consider one of those instant starter battery packs, but never got around to buying one.

It is essential for all members to maintain their starter battery in good condition and fully charged throughout the winter months.

Of course, if you use a spare battery, you should ensure you recharge it fully asap.

I have also noticed that if I do not maintain my spare battery on trickle charge it can take days to reach full charge in cold weather.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 12:44 AM, Teekay said:

6 months before I had to use it, started up first press of button.

Same battery used to jump my son's car that was not used over the uni term.

State of charge is still around 80%

I have a bt battery monitor on both cars and the spare.

Once a week I walk past and grab the current status.

• Thanks 1