Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

NHZN-W57 HDD Media Centre - SD Card Formatting Software

Hi, 

I am having fun with Google Lens and this media centre on my AH10 Alphard 07 - and am trying to copy music from the CD/DVD drive (which works fine - even plays movies) and from the SD card (which doesn't) . I'm using 2GB ones. I gather that they should be formatted with Panasonic JukeBox software.  As it's no longer supported, it doesn't seem to be available from the Panasonic support website.  

So if anyone could point me at a working copy, that would be much appreciated. The ones that I have found haven't found the SD card when running - even on an old XP machine. 

I did manage to get it playing pre-existing stored tracks from the hard disk (I think) - I'm not sure how now, or have accidently deleted them or the hard disk has failed. Anyhow, there were lots of Japanese pop music there, that I can't now find.

I've tried translating the manual (grey book) but not a lot of joy - so if anyone has a translated copy and could share it, again, that would be much appreciated. Or can just give me the idiot's guide to how to play music stored on the disc.  I don't seem to be able to find the right screen to do that, now. 

The car is very definitely in a different league to anything that we have ever had before... So much so, middle son has just gone and bought one, too as we enthused about it so much.  My other half is disabled and its made longer trips so much more bearable.  

1 hour ago, devonia said:

Hi, 

I am having fun with Google Lens and this media centre on my AH10 Alphard 07 - and am trying to copy music from the CD/DVD drive (which works fine - even plays movies) and from the SD card (which doesn't) . I'm using 2GB ones. I gather that they should be formatted with Panasonic JukeBox software.  As it's no longer supported, it doesn't seem to be available from the Panasonic support website.  

So if anyone could point me at a working copy, that would be much appreciated. The ones that I have found haven't found the SD card when running - even on an old XP machine. 

I did manage to get it playing pre-existing stored tracks from the hard disk (I think) - I'm not sure how now, or have accidently deleted them or the hard disk has failed. Anyhow, there were lots of Japanese pop music there, that I can't now find.

I've tried translating the manual (grey book) but not a lot of joy - so if anyone has a translated copy and could share it, again, that would be much appreciated. Or can just give me the idiot's guide to how to play music stored on the disc.  I don't seem to be able to find the right screen to do that, now. 

The car is very definitely in a different league to anything that we have ever had before... So much so, middle son has just gone and bought one, too as we enthused about it so much.  My other half is disabled and its made longer trips so much more bearable.  

Have you checked eightseater.blogspot.com.

Yes, I'd be really interested to know if anyone has managed to work out how to copy a CD to the hard disc on the sound system. I have an 06 Alphard Hybrid - great sound system, but the hard disc only seems to have Japanese pop music on it. Was this preloaded when the car was new, and can it be deleted and replaced with my own music selection?

Pete

I think creating a new profile on mine deleted all the existing music content.  Unintentionally, as I had only recently discovered the tracks and the novelty hadn't worn off. I haven't managed to produce either a music CD or SD card that the system recognises. It does play DVDs - on the dashboard unit. I haven't worked out how to get them playing on the overhead display.  I've just discovered that there is a cable that I can get that provides video and mono composite input. I plan to use this with an HDMI converter and that should get a low resolution PC display up and running. 

As I like to greet dawn breaking over the motorway with Ride of the Valkyries - getting there..

48 minutes ago, Pete Ansell said:

Yes, I'd be really interested to know if anyone has managed to work out how to copy a CD to the hard disc on the sound system. I have an 06 Alphard Hybrid - great sound system, but the hard disc only seems to have Japanese pop music on it. Was this preloaded when the car was new, and can it be deleted and replaced with my own music selection?

Pete

CD's are copied to the HDD automatically.

I suspect your HDD is full.

I know that eightseater.blogspot.com informs how to delete tracks, and create more space for 'new' tracks.

Hopefully you have the same HDD unit. If so, give it a go !

Hi

I have also spent hours with Google translate! I agree with Rojie, your 10gb disc is probably full though that is a lot of songs. My unit (panasonic) uses built in software called Gracenote. It's a high speed recording system. Play the CD and it fully records it, usually in around 7 minutes....very clever. A little red logo appears when it starts.  Sometimes it will index the CD in English, somtimes it doesnt recognize the UK titles. I also need to delete some Japanese playlists  but that's for a rainy day!