Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard mileage MPH/KM

Hi, I'm about to buy an Alphard but want to make sure all is right with the odometer and wondered if anyone could explain it to me how it works in simple language! 

The clock says 80k in KPM, which coverts correctly for what it's being sold as in MPH, which will be on the MOT certificate. The dealer says that from now on it will run at MPH but that would make the clock go up from 80k which would then be wrong. 

Thanks in advance for any simple explanations!

Ideally you should have chip fitted + speedometer dial should be replaced to MPH. With both in place everything will be in MPH, no confusion.

I would also ask the dealer to provide BIMTA certificate to verify the mileage.

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Jackie_galo said:

Hello, what did you do here? We’ve have the same issue and not sure if we should purchase the vehicle. How do we prove it’s actual mileage?

To prove the mileage(without BIMTA certificate) you can ask for the auction paperwork or buy own report from https://carvx.jp/ . 

It's basically car history pulled from Japanese Ministry of Transport Database.

Edited by nov