Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Starting issue after key unlock button long press

Hi, looking for assistance. One of the kids went to get something from the car, pressed and held unlock button on key. All lights flashed then beeped and unlocked. When I put the key in the indicators flash up twice and electrics come on totally fine but car won't start, not even turn over. Is there a security feature or something that is activated via the key. It's a 2007 Alphard petrol 2.4. any help appreciated.

Sean have you got on the negative side of the battery a fuse holder if unsure give me a reg no. May be a coincidence with the kids having the keyfob but you may have blown a fuse the fuse on the battery controls the main electrics for starting 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Sean have you got on the negative side of the battery a fuse holder if unsure give me a reg no. May be a coincidence with the kids having the keyfob but you may have blown a fuse the fuse on the battery controls the main electrics for starting 

I was just starting to wonder that, do you mean my car reg? If so it's nx07 nlm

4 hours ago, Geralt said:

Try a reset by disconnecting and reconnecting the -VE battery terminal.

and,    Wait a couple of minutes before reconnecting.

You may need to reset you windows and moon roof too.