Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Second row of seats - swivel?

Hi

I would like to know which models of Alphard have the second row of seats that swivel (can face backwards). I have seen several images of the 8 seater version (one normal and one double size seat) that swivel but what I would like to find out is whether this is a standard feature, a factroy option or an after market modofication.

Also do the 7 seater versions (350G) second row seats (x2) swivel? These are the seats with the electric calf rests. I haven't seen any of these in the rear facing position so assume this isn't standard? If so, does anyone know if it is possible to fit a swivel base to these types of seats?

Thanks

I have an 07 import and my second row swivel, the single and double both do.

When I was looking to buy mine I also looked at an 05 with the 2 single seats in the second row and they swivelled.

And that's all I know ,

small help perhaps.

• 1 month later...

I am a newbie at all this, but have done quite a bit of research prior to buying my Alphie (2006, MZ G V6)

I believe nearly all Alphard 2002 to 2008 have swivel second row seats. there is, apparently, quite a technique to it. Check out YouTube.

The seats I am referring too are the single and the 'one and a half seats'.

Northstar do swivels for the front passenger and driver seats. They are not cheap!

If you have the Captains seats in the front  and second rows, as I have, Northstar say their swivels will work on the front row, but not the second row of captains seats.

I believe I have a method to achieve a way of having the second row seats rear facing; but they will not be able to swivel.

If my idea works, I will post it in the Forum.

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, Rojie said:

I am a newbie at all this, but have done quite a bit of research prior to buying my Alphie (2006, MZ G V6)

I believe nearly all Alphard 2002 to 2008 have swivel second row seats. there is, apparently, quite a technique to it. Check out YouTube.

The seats I am referring too are the single and the 'one and a half seats'.

Northstar do swivels for the front passenger and driver seats. They are not cheap!

If you have the Captains seats in the front  and second rows, as I have, Northstar say their swivels will work on the front row, but not the second row of captains seats.

I believe I have a method to achieve a way of having the second row seats rear facing; but they will not be able to swivel.

If my idea works, I will post it in the Forum.

Hi, did you manage to get the 2nd row of seats to face backwards?

Regards 

Syl

4 hours ago, SYL said:

Hi, did you manage to get the 2nd row of seats to face backwards?

Regards 

Syl

Do you have Captains seats in the middle row ?

Is your van unconverted ?

1 minute ago, Rojie said:

Do you have Captains seats in the middle row ?

Is your van unconverted ?

Hi,

I picked it up Saturday.  The seats are in the photo if that helps. It is a rear conversion so the 3rd row has been removed. 

Thanks 👍 Screenshot_20230608_141555_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a4c489b012f9e74af956097336150920.jpg

Just now, SYL said:

Hi,

I picked it up Saturday.  The seats are in the photo if that helps. It is a rear conversion so the 3rd row has been removed. 

Thanks 👍 Screenshot_20230608_141555_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a4c489b012f9e74af956097336150920.jpg

Sorry I am picking it up Saturday 

4 minutes ago, SYL said:

Sorry I am picking it up Saturday 

Looks really nice, just like mine.

Take care of the leather is does 'stretch' quite easily.

The answer to your question is very complicated, so I will send you a PM.

Why do you want them to swivel ?

Sleeping or Dining, or other reason ?

I expect you will be absolutely delighted with it.

21 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Looks really nice, just like mine.

Take care of the leather is does 'stretch' quite easily.

The answer to your question is very complicated, so I will send you a PM.

Why do you want them to swivel ?

Sleeping or Dining, or other reason ?

I expect you will be absolutely delighted with it.

Hi,

No reason really but it may be useful and more comfortable to sleep on......maybe. 

I will be covering the seats we have a lurcher so I don't want them damaging. She has a hammock so won't be directly on the seats but, I don't want them damaging.

Thank you so much for your time. We are really excited to collect it and drive her 150 miles home!

Regards 

Syl

4 minutes ago, SYL said:

Hi,

No reason really but it may be useful and more comfortable to sleep on......maybe. 

I will be covering the seats we have a lurcher so I don't want them damaging. She has a hammock so won't be directly on the seats but, I don't want them damaging.

Thank you so much for your time. We are really excited to collect it and drive her 150 miles home!

Regards 

Syl

There are several methods for making sleeping more comfortable, as the bolsters can be a tad intrusive.

I use real thin single mattresses, with stout cushions underneath.

Others use self inflating air beds.

Imho, single beds are better for hot summer nights.

Some sleep under an awning.

I have seen frames that level the bed, but could stretch the leather.

There are shaped foam sections that can be bought or made.

I use a dog hammock for our Sprollie .

2 minutes ago, Rojie said:

There are several methods for making sleeping more comfortable, as the bolsters can be a tad intrusive.

I use real thin single mattresses, with stout cushions underneath.

Others use self inflating air beds.

Imho, single beds are better for hot summer nights.

Some sleep under an awning.

I have seen frames that level the bed, but could stretch the leather.

There are shaped foam sections that can be bought or made.

I use a dog hammock for our Sprollie .

Everything is coming with the van, so got the cushions and self inflatable mattress, awning, sun canopy,  loo and loo tent and a towing rack. The bed when down looks fabulous. 

You have been so helpful, can't wait to do some wild off grid camping for a couple of days cos not got a solar panel. 

Screenshot_20230519_131106_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230519_184454_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, SYL said:

Everything is coming with the van, so got the cushions and self inflatable mattress, awning, sun canopy,  loo and loo tent and a towing rack. The bed when down looks fabulous. 

You have been so helpful, can't wait to do some wild off grid camping for a couple of days cos not got a solar panel. 

Screenshot_20230519_131106_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230519_184454_Chrome.jpg

If going wild, and using solar, consider your leisure battery capacity.

HAPPY CAMPARDING !

2 minutes ago, Rojie said:

If going wild, and using solar, consider your leisure battery capacity.

HAPPY CAMPARDING !

We haven't got solar so hoping the leisure battery will lady lol

• 8 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 2:18 PM, SYL said:

Hi,

Hi, do these seats rotate? Sorry I am still unclear on which middle seats rotate and which don't. This looks to be an MZG with the two separate middle seats rather than a 3 seater bench. Do these two separate seats rotate? 

Thanks in advance

(Looking to buy an Alphard first gen but the rotating seat option is non negotiable!)

1 hour ago, sumogogg said:

Hi, do these seats rotate? Sorry I am still unclear on which middle seats rotate and which don't. This looks to be an MZG with the two separate middle seats rather than a 3 seater bench. Do these two separate seats rotate? 

Thanks in advance

(Looking to buy an Alphard first gen but the rotating seat option is non negotiable!)

No, they don't.

The 1 and 1/2 plus one seats do rotate, but are only found on the Gen 1 machines; up to 2008.

If you must have rotating seats forget the MZ G edition and any other version with only four seat rails.

The rotating seats sit on 5 seat rails.

I believe the later models do not have rotating seats.

• Like 1