Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Cam sensors

After having the cam belt replaced the engine management light appears after 2.5 miles driving as the engine reaches temperature.  It resets each time ignition is switched off and back on.  Occaisionally it stays off for a 35 mile journey. Nothing showing on the OBDII scanner.

Any thoughts?

If the EML comes on there must be a DTC when it is illuminated. Can you stop the car when it comes on then connect your scanner without switching off ignition?

• Like 1

Tks for the replies, l spoke to Toyota Plymouth this morning, they suggest that timing is probably off by half a tooth, despite the garage that did the work being convinced they've done everything correctly.

Booked in for Toyota to take a look.

45 minutes ago, Nick Fisher said:

Tks for the replies, l spoke to Toyota Plymouth this morning, they suggest that timing is probably off by half a tooth, despite the garage that did the work being convinced they've done everything correctly.

Booked in for Toyota to take a look.

It is reassuring to know that Snows are still working on Alphards; unlike many other Toyota Dealers.

Let me know how you get on.

I have just booked into Exeter, as my local Snows, unusually, cannot do the work needed !