Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

fixed single bed

Has anyone put a fixed single bed into an Alphard? I did my first camping trip early this month and loved it but disliked the whole rigmarole of putting the mattress and topper out of the way during the day. I have the sink and cooker at the rear of the van and a pop up roof. I have had the single middle seat removed as I didn't need the whole width of the van for a bed, but am now considering having the remaining seat removed and a bench made which could be turned into a bed. I'd be interested to know if anyone has done this. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Madmeg said:

Has anyone put a fixed single bed into an Alphard? I did my first camping trip early this month and loved it but disliked the whole rigmarole of putting the mattress and topper out of the way during the day. I have the sink and cooker at the rear of the van and a pop up roof. I have had the single middle seat removed as I didn't need the whole width of the van for a bed, but am now considering having the remaining seat removed and a bench made which could be turned into a bed. I'd be interested to know if anyone has done this. Thanks

Hello Meg,

Welcome to the Forum

Hi yes I have done this to my Alphy. I removed the second row of seats and the carpet installed a laminate floor and built a bed base with storage underneath. I had a custom mattress made and it works great, also cut the table down as it is only me who uses the van. I have attached a photo.

IMG_0037.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Chris, thanks so much for the reply and the brilliant picture. This is exactly what I was thinking of. Can you tell me how wide the bed is as I guess it doubles as a couch during the day. I'm also wanting to install a small fridge as I found the coolbox I had was too noisy during the night. Is that  one in the foreground of the pic?

Hi the width is 63mm length is 179mm I’m only a shorty. The mini fridge is made by zeroteek got it on Amazon. I have also fitted a Thetford 335 porta potty. Am going to get a drive away awning for a bit of extra room. I have attached a couple more photos showing the fridge and potty and also the smaller table. Hope it helps.

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

Chris thanks very much for the information and the pics.  Ewan (Aberdeenshire Campers) wanted to know how the bed is fixed to the van. I'm guessing the bed frame is made of wood with storage under the mattress. Your van looks lovely and you've used the space well Would you mind if I take screen shots to send/show to Ewan who will do the conversion for me?  Thanks again for advice it's very much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Angel said:

Hi the width is 63mm length is 179mm I’m only a shorty. The mini fridge is made by zeroteek got it on Amazon. I have also fitted a Thetford 335 porta potty. Am going to get a drive away awning for a bit of extra room. I have attached a couple more photos showing the fridge and potty and also the smaller table. Hope it helps.

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

I think the dimensions are centimetres, not mm.

Would you like me to change it for you, or you can edit it yourself.

I guessed Chris meant centimetres, so am just checking out whether the dimensions will work for me. This is a very useful forum  thank you

Yep sorry I think I had a senior moment regarding measurements it should have been centimetres . The bed frame is wood fixed to the floor. Feel free to use the pictures.

You probably noticed that the door on the rear conversion is missing this is my cats hideaway. She travels with me.