Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi everyone. Just purchased a 360Z G-edition  2010 vellfire yesterday. Super happy with it and the garage : Phil and Matt are good guys at Gastech Warrington. 

It does have a handful of issues however : cruise control icon in green comes on when I press the stalk switch, but will not set.Also, does not show "radar ready" on dash. Googled, and found a YouTube vid that said push away from you ( ie cancel) for more than 4 seconds to switch between normal and adaptive cruise. No joy. Still won't  'set'. Might just be the stalk switch. 

Next up : power tailgate.

Opens, either from fob or button at front. Won't close.

I get that 3/4 seconds long beep instead, so familiar from the estima I had that meant something wasn't right. 

Again, Google : press and hold the open/close button for more than 4 seconds to reset .Did that with the boot button. Got a short beep but after that it's the same. So fob and button up front open it normally. Fob, button up front, button on the tailgate won't shut it, just a long beep. 

Any ideas?!!

I have a handful of other things to sort, eg stereo replacement, but thought I'd kick off with these!

17191350399152279545864066911979.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 10:31 AM, av02 said:

Hi everyone. Just purchased a 360Z G-edition  2010 vellfire yesterday. Super happy with it and the garage : Phil and Matt are good guys at Gastech Warrington. 

It does have a handful of issues however : cruise control icon in green comes on when I press the stalk switch, but will not set.Also, does not show "radar ready" on dash. Googled, and found a YouTube vid that said push away from you ( ie cancel) for more than 4 seconds to switch between normal and adaptive cruise. No joy. Still won't  'set'. Might just be the stalk switch. 

Next up : power tailgate.

Opens, either from fob or button at front. Won't close.

I get that 3/4 seconds long beep instead, so familiar from the estima I had that meant something wasn't right. 

Again, Google : press and hold the open/close button for more than 4 seconds to reset .Did that with the boot button. Got a short beep but after that it's the same. So fob and button up front open it normally. Fob, button up front, button on the tailgate won't shut it, just a long beep. 

Any ideas?!!

I have a handful of other things to sort, eg stereo replacement, but thought I'd kick off with these!

17191350399152279545864066911979.jpg

Hello Zak,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you bought from a business, take it back and get the issues fixed.

I have an earlier model; you may need to press set.

Are you sure you have the adaptive cruise option ? How do you know ?

The tailgate and power doors are 'power hungry' so make sure your battery is fully charged.

On 6/23/2024 at 10:31 AM, av02 said:

It does have a handful of issues however : cruise control icon in green comes on when I press the stalk switch, but will not set.

Does it set at around 50mph?

I wasn't sure about mine for a while, only to discover that the control only works in a given speed range (can't remember what, but it's below 70mph).

Hi, Paul. I was trying it at 70 on the motorway.  But a further twist : now fully working! I can only think it was the various battery disconnects I was shooting to reset the power tailgate. After an afternoon of this , reset doors open, again when closed, etc etc, I took it to work, and thought to try the cruise again : all working. 

Tried it again today : still working. Think I engaged at 50 today : no problem. Will try at lower when I can.

On 6/30/2024 at 5:58 PM, av02 said:

Hi, Paul. I was trying it at 70 on the motorway.  But a further twist : now fully working! I can only think it was the various battery disconnects I was shooting to reset the power tailgate. After an afternoon of this , reset doors open, again when closed, etc etc, I took it to work, and thought to try the cruise again : all working. 

Tried it again today : still working. Think I engaged at 50 today : no problem. Will try at lower when I can.

Standard Cruise control range is 24 to 68 mph.

Limit at 24 is safety related, because of traveling in a 20 zone you should be more aware of pedestrians etc. 

Upper limit is Japanese regulations.