Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2003 3ltr Alphard tailgate, side light , fog light fail help

Can anyone help me, I have a problem with Side lights, fog lights front & back , number plate light on my Alphard, electrician says its not the fuses, so I am now struggling, does anyone know how I may solve the problem. The radio has also stopped working, I am hoping they are all connected, any help greatly received. Only had Dexy for a year, and now unable to drive until sorted. Thanks to anyone reading that can help.

Sounds like fuse to me has he checked all the fuses even the ones located behind the glove box it's hard to find this fuse box unless they know where to look 

The rear camera stopped working after having a leisure battery and diesel heater fitted, I also had a new battery fitted, have only just noticed as it failed mot. 

1 hour ago, Lynnie said:

The rear camera stopped working after having a leisure battery and diesel heater fitted, I also had a new battery fitted, have only just noticed as it failed mot. 

Hello Lynne,

Are you suggesting that your van failed the MOT for a non functional rear camera ?

No it failed on the lights, fogs, tail and number plate, the camera also not working which was useful as I'm not the best reverse in the world :/

4 hours ago, Lynnie said:

No it failed on the lights, fogs, tail and number plate, the camera also not working which was useful as I'm not the best reverse in the world :/

Yes, the camera is very useful when reversing; I would really struggle without one.

Those failures don't seem serious. Hopefully you will be 'on the road again' very soon.

• Thanks 1

i still think this is a fuse issue when having the parts fitted somthing has blown to protect the electrics would be a fuses blowing first have a chat with paul at new acre cars he been importing these cars for many years he in evesham so would say not that far from you 01386 718602 he knows his stuff 

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 9:04 AM, Lynnie said:

This points to the TAIL fuse. The TAIL fuse is hidden in the passenger compartment.

https://car-box.info/toyota/previa/alphard-h10-2002-2009.html

Are you sure the sparky has found and checked those fuses as well? They might have only checked the easy-to-find fuses in the engine compartment.

Hi, I was watching as he looked at the fuses in the glove box, he said he tested all, so not sure what to try next. Spoke to an Alphard owner who said tail light, fogs, and side is in the driver side fuse box but all diagrams say not, thank you so much for helping. I hope to find a solution soon, everything crossed 🤞🤞

Yes. The fuse box is behind the glovebox, which needs to be removed (simple to do).

It is a real pig to get to. You may be lucky to even see it as it is buried underneath an array of cables.

The TAIL fuse is 10 amp, and is in the passenger side footwell. Position 13.

I have concerns that your electrician was looking in the correct fuse box, let alone checking any or all of the them.

If you are nimble, have good eyesight, and a mirror; you may be able to do it yourself.

I believe the fuses are micro size. Get one from your local Toyota dealer BEFORE you start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I will try found the location and can see them it all looks clean and tidy in there, perhaps he was checking the wrong one, should I count with the toyota name at the top? As it is on the bottom on my board.. Silly question but they aren't numbered. Sorry if this is a silly question, I will try and take a photo of it later. 

Thank you so much, would you have a wiring diagram for the 2002 3ltr as well, or know where I may get one, a thankful Lynnie 

13 hours ago, Lynnie said:

Thank you so much, would you have a wiring diagram for the 2002 3ltr as well, or know where I may get one, a thankful Lynnie 

There's three options:

1)

2) Contact @FrenchDJ.

3)

Edited by Geralt
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lynnie said:

Send me a PM with your email address. I can help you with a link to the manual with wiring diagrams in English. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1