Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi! My SO just bought an unconverted 2003 hybrid and we are toying with the idea of adding a bathroom instead of a kitchen in the back. We have found some of these conversions in asian countries (Example of rear shoilet ) but we can't find any options for this type of conversion in the UK. We are about to give up on the idea honestly, but I thought about giving it one last shot to see if anyone knew anything about it. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you :) 

5 hours ago, Salted caramel adventure said:

Hi! My SO just bought an unconverted 2003 hybrid and we are toying with the idea of adding a bathroom instead of a kitchen in the back. We have found some of these conversions in asian countries (Example of rear shoilet ) but we can't find any options for this type of conversion in the UK. We are about to give up on the idea honestly, but I thought about giving it one last shot to see if anyone knew anything about it. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you :) 

Hello Merit,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you have left links in the topic they do not work, at least for me they don't.

You would need to carry lots of water unless you are on a campsite, in which case, why not use their showers.

Hi Merit

The shoilet shown in your video is very impressive and certainly gives the user much more privacy than we have when using a standard camping Porta Loo. However the very limited amount of available headroom means that only our grandchildren can comfortably use the facility so a shoilet would not be an economical or practical enhancement in our personal experience. Its a personal choice whether to install a shoilet obviously but I think as such you may find it difficult to find a buyer when you come to sell the vehicle in the future.

The link worked for me just now.

A very neat installation.

Only other observation is the rear of the van is sitting quite low.

It may need stronger rear springs, but that would hinder entry and exit (for someone of my years at least).

• 1 month later...

Just taken delivery of my first ever Alphard ( converted 2021). Straight out to buy smallest portapotti available ( Thetford 335) Great fun seeing what would fit under sink. Glad I didn't just order online and hope for best. It was a laugh with shop owner but we got there!

To be honest, that shoilet looked very swish but not much fun. Kitchen and storage space are more vital to me.  Thanks for the video though.