Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

New Alphard Owner 2.4L 2004 with Camper kit

Hi everyone, 

I have just picked up a 2004 2.4 Alphard with camper kit installed. My first drive was today from South London, where I picked it up, to Stevenage, where I live. 

It took me a while to work out that the camper kit had shifted but after a tweak the boards slotted in Ok.

I have spent the rest of the day pouring over the various buttons and switches to see what it they all do. I was a little bemused to have the wing mirrors unfold themselves when I started the engine - a feature I wasn't expecting. I looked in the manual and found that the 'fold mirrors' button was too worn to make out the icon 🙂

I wonder how many other features I will find.

It's done 167220 Km. the previous owner was a camping hire company and I have MoT and work invoices (mostly services) going back to 2018.

There are some cosmetic scrape and scratches which I am not too fussed about - is there anything in particular I should check? 

Cheers

Paul

I could post some pics I have taken but I would imagine you know what one looks like :-)

4 minutes ago, Gamith said:

Hi everyone, 

I have just picked up a 2004 2.4 Alphard with camper kit installed. My first drive was today from South London, where I picked it up, to Stevenage, where I live. 

It took me a while to work out that the camper kit had shifted but after a tweak the boards slotted in Ok.

I have spent the rest of the day pouring over the various buttons and switches to see what it they all do. I was a little bemused to have the wing mirrors unfold themselves when I started the engine - a feature I wasn't expecting. I looked in the manual and found that the 'fold mirrors' button was too worn to make out the icon 🙂

I wonder how many other features I will find.

It's done 167220 Km. the previous owner was a camping hire company and I have MoT and work invoices (mostly services) going back to 2018.

There are some cosmetic scrape and scratches which I am not too fussed about - is there anything in particular I should check? 

Cheers

Paul

I could post some pics I have taken but I would imagine you know what one looks like 🙂

Hello Paul,

Welcome to the Forum.

I thought I would add a pic of part numbers that the seller gave me - the crossed out ones are for non-2004 2.4 Alphards. It might be of use to someone.

20240722_181810.jpg