Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

new import owner 2.4 silver

Hi all
New Essex based Alphard owner here!
Picking up Friday. Silver 2007 2.4 
Am interested in anyones experience with rear mounting bike racks and using/fitting a towbar/mounted bike carrier as not sue how it'll interfere with sensors/camera.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi!
Yeah I love it. I was initially annoyed as I wanted Cruise Control and was under the impression it was standard and didn't realise I didnt have it until after I got it home!
Still its great, such a more relaxed drive than our Punto. 
The battery died which wasn't surprising as it was original, had a bit of a search getting a new one as the car place at the top of the road didn't have it,  but got one from Lincon Batteries who arent far from us. No issues at all touch wood, the oil hasn't dropped, the tyres I pumped up to 34/33, I couldn't find anywhere the factory advised pressures tho. 

Took it down to Devon over the weekend, its over 10 years old but drives perfect.
I'm used to having to rev the small punto on hills, and having driven a 2.0 diesel Mondeo got used to that which has oddles of torque, so was surprised how much you have to put your foot down on any kind of gradient in the Aplhard, but when you realise its a 2 ton beast it makes sense. Still had no problem on the 20% gradients in Seaton even with 6 people inside. 

Anyways happy with it so far, next is going to be putting all the seats down and seeing what its like as a camping bed. :-)

Sounds like you're quite smitten with it ....glad it's worked out okay for you.

Good luck with the camp bed, would be interested to know how that works out

Cheers, Trevor

• Like 1

No - I called Thule about this- they advised me that the do not do a kit as the rear spoiler makes in incompatible.
I think the spoiler, and probably the mirror too, make the usual rear racks problematic. 
I am probably getting a towbar fitted then can use my tow-ball mounted rack - or continue just slinging the bike in the back!

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:14 PM, PMR said:

No - I called Thule about this- they advised me that the do not do a kit as the rear spoiler makes in incompatible.
I think the spoiler, and probably the mirror too, make the usual rear racks problematic. 
I am probably getting a towbar fitted then can use my tow-ball mounted rack - or continue just slinging the bike in the back!

Hi how many bikes can you fit and what seating configuration works best? I'm trying to work out whether or not I can fit 2 adult bikes one kids bike and 3 people on with camping equipment. Thanks