Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Random japanese shouting

Hi all

we just collected our rear converted 2005 alphard. Can anyond help us stop the japanese lady shouting at us randomly? Sometimes she shouts before we drive off, sometimes whilst driving. Clearly if she is shouting about something important we peobably need to know, but otherwise we would prefer her gone! 

Hi, I had the same, mine was going on about the etc card/sat nav. I managed to find the settings using the Google translate app and clicking on the camera icon, hold up your phone to the head unit and you'll find it eventually! There's a long list that came up with donotdo next to each, think I just clicked them all to one side. Good luck 😁

• 4 weeks later...

HI Meld I live in very narrow lane area and get her hollering a lot if I'm to close to something like a hedge ect. I can only assume she's telling me to close. Also if someone parks to close to you in a car park(front,side or rear she will shout) Not a good idea to disable which I found out when I caught a brick wall. Take care Godi. 

HI Meld I live in very narrow lane area and get her hollering a lot if I'm to close to something like a hedge ect. I can only assume she's telling me to close. Also if someone parks to close to you in a car park(front,side or rear she will shout) Not a good idea to disable which I found out when I caught a brick wall you can switch off sonar and that will stop her if you get to close to something(risky) Then if she carries on you know something else is up. Good luck Gordi😁

Thank you for all your help…. Google translate is amazing and we are down to a friendly warning on start up. 🙂 Shame she doesn't shout if you leave your handbrake on going up a steep hill…..

Hi ALL!

First post ever, be gentle with me.

Got myself an Alphard under a week ago, 8seater(originally 7seater) 2006 2.4-hybrid. It's got original head unit, can't speak Japanese and frankly too old to learn it! Is there no body in uk who can change the head unit without losing other functions?

Thanks 

Q

• 1 month later...

Hi i had the same problem contacted a guy in Japan he said that it cannot be changed to English so he could send me a carplay one it is fantastic he took no money until it arrived here paid with ebay very nice man cost me half of what you would pay here just buy a harness for it and it plugs and plays comes with facia too

On 9/16/2021 at 2:07 AM, Abdul said:

Hi ALL!

First post ever, be gentle with me.

Got myself an Alphard under a week ago, 8seater(originally 7seater) 2006 2.4-hybrid. It's got original head unit, can't speak Japanese and frankly too old to learn it! Is there no body in uk who can change the head unit without losing other functions?

Thanks 

Q

Hi Abdul. Welcome to the Forum.

More reading required on your part.

One of the main topics in this Forum is replacement of the head units.

Search and read.

The main risks are losing the front cameras, if you have them, and the steering controls.

Many don't care about the steering controls or front cameras.

I will use the front cameras until I get used to the size of my Alphie.

In my view, the rear camera is essential.

Although my steering controls all work, I don't use them.