Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Oddcouple said:

Late to the party on this. Just got a magnetic awning strip which would fit even with pop top.

I havnt fitted an awning rail to mine yet. Is the magnetic strip an adapter and is it quite strong?

2 minutes ago, OldWellhouse said:

I havnt fitted an awning rail to mine yet. Is the magnetic strip an adapter and is it quite strong?

We’ll have it in our hands tomorrow, depending on which reviews you read they are great or rubbish. As the roof of flat I’m pretty confident that it’ll work, always have storm straps to throw over if it’s a bit windy! The strip comes with about 3 inches of material then the actual awning connection. Will update soonest.

1 minute ago, Oddcouple said:

We’ll have it in our hands tomorrow, depending on which reviews you read they are great or rubbish. As the roof of flat I’m pretty confident that it’ll work, always have storm straps to throw over if it’s a bit windy! The strip comes with about 3 inches of material then the actual awning connection. Will update soonest.

Sounds perfect for mild conditions. I only learned what a kador strip was this week and that DA awnings come with throw over straps. 

9 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

Just reading some reviews there and I'm wondering of some people assume it will hold the awning in place WITHOUT additional throw over straps pegged in. I'm guessing it would just create a slightly better 'seal' to the van when used with the straps but clearly not strong enough on its own. 

3 minutes ago, OldWellhouse said:

Just reading some reviews there and I'm wondering of some people assume it will hold the awning in place WITHOUT additional throw over straps pegged in. I'm guessing it would just create a slightly better 'seal' to the van when used with the straps but clearly not strong enough on its own. 

Agreed,I think if you have lovely weather light breeze it would be fine, but definitely peg down for safety. 

• Like 1