Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi just bought a 2003 Alphard 2.4 Hybrid 4wd auto. Problem is garage says it cant change the speedo. I found a company on ebay selling converter chips for £55 for this model but garage says it wont work because it has a can bus system yet the ebay guy says they didn't bring in the can bus until 2008. Anyone know whose right

I would speak to another garage, JM Inports is close by, i reckon they would know. Speedo convertion is as straight forward as any other car as far as i know on the non-hybrids, i can't see the hybrids being any different, though to be honest, i just used to run my previous imports in km's to keep the numbers correct. The only reason mine is in mph now as the importer changed it when doing the foglight and service.

personally I would go with replacement dials that display in MPH as opposed to KMH.
OK so the odometer will still count in kilometres but at least you'll know how fast you're travelling which is, after all, what's important.
got mine from https://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/
I read in forums that converter chips and the like, can affect the gearbox so I went for the safer, non invasive option

1 hour ago, Djakninn said:

I would speak to another garage, JM Inports is close by, i reckon they would know. Speedo convertion is as straight forward as any other car as far as i know on the non-hybrids, i can't see the hybrids being any different, though to be honest, i just used to run my previous imports in km's to keep the numbers correct. The only reason mine is in mph now as the importer changed it when doing the foglight and service.

I bought it from JM Imports and Jurgen is now telling ( was part of the sale that it would be converted ) me he cant alter the speedo on this model to show mph

• 6 months later...

I seen a video on YouTube of a guy who Buys Alphards and gets them ready to be sent to the UK for his customers and he has changed them to MPH so is there not something on the computer that would do this?? I have bought a 2006 model in Japan and waiting for delivery so I hoped that it could be converted as the and also the odometer was converted to how many miles it had done

• 8 months later...