Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Auto unlock

Hello Jason,

Welcome to the Forum.

You should have a door unlock button on your drivers door switch panel.

As a new owner you are likely to have lots more questions.

This Forum is the place for help.

Good Luck.

3 hours ago, Jason cox said:

Hi all, nope stays locked when in park. The only way to open the doors, other than drivers, is using the unlock button 

Have you got the child lock set ?

You should be able to unlock the passenger door by using the small lever above the normal door lever.

Hopefully that will sort you out.

Do you have the Smart locking system; keyless entry ?

I don't know (yet); but it helps us all to have some detail.

There are some quirks with the keyless.....

These vehicles are complicated by the many, many options they offer.

Anyhow, now I know I'll read my JPNZ Owners Manual (it's not a Maintenance Manual) and see what else it may be; other than a fault.

There can be several lock set up modes.

I recommend the JPNZ manuals to all owners, make sure you get the correct one for your vehicle. (FRO396, unless you have a hybrid).

So, the drivers door switch unlocks the doors, how about the remotes ? Do they work properly, locking and unlocking.

Do you have electric slide doors ? Ok or not ? Do you have an electric tailgate ? OK ?

Does the ignition key operate the doors when inserted into the doors ?

What model and trim level do you have ?

Model ANH10 (for example) ? Look in the jamb door areas.

Trim is more difficult, but should be on the auction sheet, if you have a copy. Top right hand side ?

Be back later. Regards

21 hours ago, Jason cox said:

Is there any way to stop the doors locking or at least get them to unlock when you stop?!

Have a look on the below post

"passenger side door remains locked when ignition is turned off, how to fix? - Toyota Alphard Technical Guides - Toyota Alphard Forum UK" https://uk.alphardclub.com/forums/topic/1160-passenger-side-door-remains-locked-when-ignition-is-turned-off-how-to-fix/#comment-4318

Good morning Jason,

I have a 2006 MZG too. A very fine machine it is too.

I don't have it with me at the moment so cannot go out and play !

From the JPNZ manual I learn there is a anti theft security feature that may be causing the problem !

The feature prevents the lock/unlock button being used through a partially open driver window !

There are several sequences that cause this to happen. (If necessary I can advise you of these).

As the drivers unlock button works, this doesn't seem to be the problem.

Also, as in the Rav video, the lock behaviours can be programmed.

These are:

1) Shift linked auto unlock.

2) Vehicle speed auto lock, my setting, and the default setting. Your setting.

3) Drivers door linked unlock.

As P doesn't unlock all your doors, option 1 is out.

If driving off doesn't lock the doors at 20kph (fault aside) option 2 is out, but it does !

I wonder if the system has become confused.

If option 3 is set, try to switch off the ignition and open the drivers door within 10 seconds, that should unlock all doors.

As a personal safety measure, I would not want my doors to unlock every time I stop, only when someone needs to get in or out.

I assume this is the function you want. I would then press the unlock button.

Changing this setting is as per the Rav video, but pressing the lock/unlock drivers door button to UNLOCK for 5 seconds.

This should set the system to default, which, confusingly, yours seems to be set to !

As I say, I don't have access to my machine otherwise I would go and play.

Just now, Rojie said:

Good morning Jason,

I have a 2006 MZG too. A very fine machine it is too.

I don't have it with me at the moment so cannot go out and play !

From the JPNZ manual I learn there is a anti theft security feature that may be causing the problem !

The feature prevents the lock/unlock button being used through a partially open driver window !

There are several sequences that cause this to happen. (If necessary I can advise you of these).

As the drivers unlock button works, this doesn't seem to be the problem.

Also, as in the Rav video, the lock behaviours can be programmed.

These are:

1) Shift linked auto unlock.

2) Vehicle speed auto lock, my setting, and the default setting. Your setting.

3) Drivers door linked unlock.

As P doesn't unlock all your doors, option 1 is out.

If driving off doesn't lock the doors at 20kph (fault aside) option 2 is out, but it does !

I wonder if the system has become confused.

If option 3 is set, try to switch off the ignition and open the drivers door within 10 seconds, that should unlock all doors.

As a personal safety measure, I would not want my doors to unlock every time I stop, only when someone needs to get in or out.

I assume this is the function you want. I would then press the unlock button.

Changing this setting is as per the Rav video, but pressing the lock/unlock drivers door button to UNLOCK for 5 seconds.

This should set the system to default, which, confusingly, yours seems to be set to !

As I say, I don't have access to my machine otherwise I would go and play.

If you need option 1, as Nov advises, ignition on, shifter in park, press and hold unlock side of switch for 5 seconds.

Hope this all works.

9 hours ago, Jason cox said:

Hi guys, still no luck with this. I've read in another article that it's possible, with techstream software, to turn it off. Is this something a toyota main dealer would have?

Hi just set my locks up 24 hours ago

Turn ignition on to on don't start engine

Shift gear to park 

Press and hold lock button for 5 seconds 

Take key out of ignition 

Get out of alphard within 10 seconds lock alphard manually with key.   NOT WITH REMOTE. Open door with. Key. 

Now start alphard go for a drive once doors lock pull up put into park will unlock automatically worked for me 1st time .

On 11/17/2021 at 9:53 PM, Jason cox said:

Hi guys, still no luck with this. I've read in another article that it's possible, with techstream software, to turn it off. Is this something a toyota main dealer would have?

I think it’s free and the cable you need isn’t expensive. I found some links, but I haven’t tried it. Worth watching the videos.  https://www.masconit.com/toyota-techstream-software/

1 hour ago, arthurj said:

I think it’s free and the cable you need isn’t expensive. I found some links, but I haven’t tried it. Worth watching the videos.  https://www.masconit.com/toyota-techstream-software/

Hi Arthur,

I just tried all those links and none of them work.

I read somewhere that there are various licences; None are free.

The one for dealers is not expensive for a dealer.

https://techinfo.toyota.com

You can download and install Techstream for free without any issues.

Downloaded version need to be compatible with your PC OS Version and you need to get Mini-VCI J2534 cable which you can easilly find on Ebay.

For the correct software version search OBD forums such as http://blog.obdii365.com/tag/toyota-techstream/ (or other )and Youtube videos (there are plenty of them).

One small problem is that versions are not equal regarding the features so this part can be tricky.... depends on your needs 😉

1 hour ago, nov said:

You can download and install Techstream for free without any issues.

Downloaded version need to be compatible with your PC OS Version and you need to get Mini-VCI J2534 cable which you can easilly find on Ebay.

For the correct software version search OBD forums such as http://blog.obdii365.com/tag/toyota-techstream/ (or other )and Youtube videos (there are plenty of them).

One small problem is that versions are not equal regarding the features so this part can be tricky.... depends on your needs 😉

Hi Nov,

Thanks for this.

I am no expert at these things, I tried to download Techstream from the link above.

I got lots of stuff; Yandex for 1. And an unknown unzipper suite.

But I didn't get Techstream.

I'll try again, and again, as I would like to have the software available if I ever need it.

19 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Hi Nov,

Thanks for this.

I am no expert at these things, I tried to download Techstream from the link above.

I got lots of stuff; Yandex for 1. And an unknown unzipper suite.

But I didn't get Techstream.

I'll try again, and again, as I would like to have the software available if I ever need it.

Hi Nov,

Progress.

I have managed to download Techstream; please don't ask how as I haven't the faintest idea !

However, I can't run it (yet) as I have to complete a configuration page and don't have all the requisite info !

Especially the repairer code

Hopefully persistence will pay of; and I'll reread all that info on the link pages.

Perhaps I can figure out what I have done incorrectly !

12 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Hi Nov,

Progress.

I have managed to download Techstream; please don't ask how as I haven't the faintest idea !

However, I can't run it (yet) as I have to complete a configuration page and don't have all the requisite info !

Especially the repairer code

Hopefully persistence will pay of; and I'll reread all that info on the link pages.

Perhaps I can figure out what I have done incorrectly !

OK, so I think I have installed the driver, but it won't run as I do not have the cable to connect to my vehicle (yet).

There things are always easy when you know how. I can't take my learner plates off yet !!.

Thanks for your help Nov, I am making progress. 

Here is another link to another package for different version including video https://mega.nz/file/p5UwhbpL#uX8uBg4TGeYUtQQRU5ZBz5Q9LswlrxrhwfXYAYyUzS0 

Unfortunately Techstream is getting updated reasonably fast, some of the links may stop working after a while

As far as I remember the most stable versions are for Windows 7 and you need to install cable driver first before the software however all this info should be attached in installation notes. Read first and follow the steps as each installation will be different. All depends how the licence was cracked by the owner.

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, nov said:

Here is another link to another package for different version including video https://mega.nz/file/p5UwhbpL#uX8uBg4TGeYUtQQRU5ZBz5Q9LswlrxrhwfXYAYyUzS0 

Unfortunately Techstream is getting updated reasonably fast, some of the links may stop working after a while

As far as I remember the most stable versions are for Windows 7 and you need to install cable driver first before the software however all this info should be attached in installation notes. Read first and follow the steps as each installation will be different. All depends how the licence was cracked by the owner.

Good Luck!

Thanks Nov,

I am on Windows 10, 64 bit ! My Win 7 is long gone.

I need to buy the cable !

I am almost there. The driver is looking to communicate with the vehicle, and can't.

As far as I am aware; I don't need Techstream; but would like to have it on my PC (and now I do) just in case I do need it.

Many users of this Forum could make use of it. Luckily, it is a 'Just in Case' for me.