Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

STAG LPG Conversion System?

Hi All!

Me and my partner are seriously considering getting our 2005 2.4 converted to LPG mainly due to the cost saving but also due to it being cleaner, greener and offers extended driving range with LPG and Petrol.

Has anyone on here had experience with the STAG system? Can you recommend it or advise accordingly?

I have been quoted £850 fitted from a firm in Deeside which seems a very good price considering I have been quoted £1200 for a PRINS system elsewhere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark

3 hours ago, Sparkie19 said:

Hi All!

Me and my partner are seriously considering getting our 2005 2.4 converted to LPG mainly due to the cost saving but also due to it being cleaner, greener and offers extended driving range with LPG and Petrol.

Has anyone on here had experience with the STAG system? Can you recommend it or advise accordingly?

I have been quoted £850 fitted from a firm in Deeside which seems a very good price considering I have been quoted £1200 for a PRINS system elsewhere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Sparkie,

There are several threads on here re LPG, and some are very recent.

Try a search for LPG

STAG is the leader on PL market and very popular in the whole Europe.

It's more about the installer instead of the system I believe, a great system fitted just to fit will be problematic.

From what I can see there is no Stag Approved/uklpg installer in Deeside

http://autogas-network.co.uk/https://www.drivelpg.co.uk/

You may want to double check this to avoid issues with insurance and other problems.

Your price seems to be similar to other installers of STAG, however there are few "recommended"(on forums) charging in the range of £1200-£1500 for the same system. FYI to install this system in Europe to 2.4, 4 cylinder car it's no more than £500-£600 (In the country where LPG is a norm as a dual fuel).

Hopefully someone will provide you a "genuine" response to your question about own experience with the STAG.