Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

First MOT with me …

wjvh

Goes in on Friday. Been having some issues with the brakes for a while but not been using the Alphie much and it was still stopping so only just got around to looking … and my oh my! The inside surfaces of both rear discs were all chewed up and blistered! Never seen anything like it. Outside surfaces were ok. I guess poor quality parts AND salt damage with previous owner. So let that be a warning, clean regularly including underneath during salting season. Also L rear shock was leaking oil and L rear tyre dangerously worn out on inside edge, so new tyre ordered alongside MOT and I fitted a new shock along with new pads and discs, all the parts only about £150. Not too bad at all! Fingers crossed for Friday … so far the Alphie has proven pretty cheap to run in year 1. 🤞

Failed! But nowt major (parking brake too slack, one small piece of corroded brake pipe, both rear license plates bulbs, and the tyre I already knew about). Will get it passed next week. That ain’t too bad for a big ol’ rig like this.