Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toe in water: 2022 Alphard Meet - Gauging interest

Hi Guys & Gals

It's official, the official event is now posted here>>

I have been thinking about setting up a large meet for Alphard and Vellfire owners. I have quite a bit of experience with car meets and think it will be a good idea to gauge the interest here.

So here are some ideas i have, please feel free to have some input.

I have run many of a meet at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon, I am going to be contacting them as it's been a number of years since i have run 100+ vehicle car meets there. They have changed slightly. The reason for this location is that it's on the M40, located between London and Birmingham, accessible from the south west, South east, midlands and east of the country as the motorway makes it a very easy location.

Pre-meet

Idea of running a small convoy from one of the service stations on the M40 both sides of the motorway (coming in london side and also birminham side) in to the event, which should make a cool impact and great photo opportunity.

Museum

Access to the museum (at a reduced cost price) and cafe area.

Show and Shine

Possibly look at show and shine competition for the most shiniest Alphard inside and out. Opportunity to win an award

Meet up with the community

As this will be our first event in this club, it would be great to meet other like-minded owners, get insight and talk all about each others Alphard.

Campsite Invade (idea from Oldwellhouse)

Mass Alphard Camper pitch-up before or after the event for those who have campers (i guess Tents would also be good too)

So the main question is

1. Would you be interested in attending a meet near Warwickshire in September?

2. Do you have any ideas that could improve the meet?

3. Would joining a convoy in interest you?

4. Does show and shine competition interest you?

Look forward to your comments.

• Thanks 1

(email removed by admin for privacy)

Hi yes we would be very interested in a meet ,as not long had our Vellfire so any imput from other owners would be great,maybe not for showing just yet as still deciding about conversions, 

The idea of a convoy sounds good , I shall keep my eyes peeled on the site.

Thanks.

regards John & Gill

Edited by Alphard Club
Email removed for privacy
  • Like 1

Sounds good to me. Personally wouldn’t be up for the show and shine.

would be keen to see other owners ideas and share tips.

Thanks james

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alphard Club said:

Hi Guys & Gals

I have been thinking about setting up a large meet for Alphard and Vellfire owners. I have quite a bit of experience with car meets and think it will be a good idea to gauge the interest here.

So here are some ideas i have, please feel free to have some input.

I have run many of a meet at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon, I am going to be contacting them as it's been a number of years since i have run 100+ vehicle car meets there. They have changed slightly. The reason for this location is that it's on the M40, located between London and Birmingham, accessible from the south west, South east, midlands and east of the country as the motorway makes it a very easy location.

Pre-meet

Idea of running a small convoy from one of the service stations on the M40 both sides of the motorway (coming in london side and also birminham side) in to the event, which should make a cool impact and great photo opportunity.

Museum

Access to the museum (at a reduced cost price) and cafe area.

Show and Shine

Possibly look at show and shine competition for the most shiniest Alphard inside and out. Opportunity to win an award

Meet up with the community

As this will be our first event in this club, it would be great to meet other like-minded owners, get insight and talk all about each others Alphard.

So the main question is

Look forward to your comments.

I'd be up for coming - I'm in Bristol so not too far away! I wouldn't dare enter any shiny competitions lol but it would be good to get some vendors together so we can stock up on Alphard/Vellfire bits 'n' bobs 'n' bling! Convoy sounds fun!

• Like 1

Yes - would be very interested, though would depend on date in September.  We would be coming down from Scotland.  Could manage first or second w/e but not second half of the month. Incidentally, we are just back home from doing the NC500 route.  Absolutely wonderful … thoroughly recommend! 

10CE7EB5-9B71-4A2B-8619-2FEF3FCF5002.jpeg

• Like 2

Possibly, it's a bit far but I'd look if there are any good camper sites nearby.

Not off the top of my head apart from a club sticker.

Probably if I was attending, be cool if someone on the ground got photos.

Don't know what it is but probably not.

• Like 1

Just now, OldWellhouse said:

Possibly, it's a bit far but I'd look if there are any good camper sites nearby.

Not off the top of my head apart from a club sticker.

Probably if I was attending, be cool if someone on the ground got photos.

Don't know what it is but probably not.

many thanks for the input.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldWellhouse said:

Float it in the sub forum, it would be interesting to see the numbers so as to think about the size of campsite needed to invade. 

Invade, Love it... We have it floating acess the whole site, maybe I will edit my post to mention this

• Like 1

Hello,

Yes I would be very interested about meeting other Alphard owners. I own a 2004 3 litre V6. I have a lot to learn as I've only had it a couple of months so I would be able to learn a lot. Might even be able to learn Japanese from somebody because I'm still struggling with the bloody radio system.

Alan

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alphard Club said:

Invade, Love it... We have it floating acess the whole site, maybe I will edit my post to mention this

This seems to be the nearest large campsite to Gaydon with EHU. Maybe someone that's toured in the area will know better. 

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/Central/Warwickshire/Stratford-upon-Avon/green_gates_caravan_park/?adults=1&arrive=2022-09-09&depart=2022-09-11&type=10&

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan Hutchinson said:

Hello,

Yes I would be very interested about meeting other Alphard owners. I own a 2004 3 litre V6. I have a lot to learn as I've only had it a couple of months so I would be able to learn a lot. Might even be able to learn Japanese from somebody because I'm still struggling with the bloody radio system.

Alan

I know the feeling with the japanese radio, I use google translate to learn the keys, managed to eventually find myself around.