Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toe in water: 2022 Alphard Meet - Gauging interest

Just now, OldWellhouse said:

This seems to be the nearest large campsite to Gaydon with EHU. Maybe someone that's toured in the area will know better. 

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/Central/Warwickshire/Stratford-upon-Avon/green_gates_caravan_park/?adults=1&arrive=2022-09-09&depart=2022-09-11&type=10&

Hopefully there is someone locally who knows the area

1 minute ago, Alphard Club said:

Hopefully there is someone locally who knows the area

Or this is this one to the south a bit in Clarkson country.

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/Central/Oxfordshire/Chipping_Norton/cotswolds-camping/?adults=1&arrive=2022-09-09&depart=2022-09-11&type=10& 

Campsites probably wouldn't like the idea of a mass gathering on their site but it'd be funny if a few dozen Camphards rocked up. 

• Like 1

Sounds good to me.  We are waiting for our import to arrive.  Should have been last Monday!  Stratford-Upon-Avon would be good 🙂

Note you can camp / stay at the racecourse in Stratford-up-Avon, where incidentally the Overland show is being held THIS weekend!

Edited by Mike Owen
Added a bit of info
  • Like 1

I am very interested in an Alphard meet.

Possibly Join a convoy, Sounds good fun.

Don't think my Alphard Camper is shiny enough but I like looking at others who keep theirs pristine.

Alphard 1.jpg

Alphard 2.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alphard Club said:

So the main question is

1. Would you be interested in attending a meet near Warwickshire in September?

2. Do you have any ideas that could improve the meet?

3. Would joining a convoy in interest you?

4. Does show and shine competition interest you?

1. Yes.

2. Maybe get some aftermarket people to show up? https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/  and so on.

3. Sounds like fun.

4. I'd be happy to watch but not enter since I don't want to burden myself with yet another job.

• Like 1

This IS the most popular topic, and fastest growing, for ages.

I hope it all happens. Should be great fun.

Well done to OldWellhouse, and others, for throwing their enthusiasm into this and promoting the initial idea.

• Like 2

I'm sure we will attend meets in the future, but unfotunately September would be out for this year.

I would be happy to organise a meet at the Haynes Museum early next year if the demand is there.

Edited by starider
Spelling!
  • Like 1

Sounds fun! Wouldn’t convoy as coming from Scotland and wouldn’t show and shine (dog and grandchildren!). Have 2004 Alphard.  Would be good to learn from others - haven’t  sussed my radio yet either, except to get Radio 2.

• Like 1

We would definitely like to attend this to meet other owners and see their Alphards and Vellfires. We would be happy to join a convoy if that’s what’s organised. Hope this comes off and thank you for offering to organise this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alphard Club said:

Hi Guys & Gals

I have been thinking about setting up a large meet for Alphard and Vellfire owners. I have quite a bit of experience with car meets and think it will be a good idea to gauge the interest here.

So here are some ideas i have, please feel free to have some input.

I have run many of a meet at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon, I am going to be contacting them as it's been a number of years since i have run 100+ vehicle car meets there. They have changed slightly. The reason for this location is that it's on the M40, located between London and Birmingham, accessible from the south west, South east, midlands and east of the country as the motorway makes it a very easy location.

Pre-meet

Idea of running a small convoy from one of the service stations on the M40 both sides of the motorway (coming in london side and also birminham side) in to the event, which should make a cool impact and great photo opportunity.

Museum

Access to the museum (at a reduced cost price) and cafe area.

Show and Shine

Possibly look at show and shine competition for the most shiniest Alphard inside and out. Opportunity to win an award

Meet up with the community

As this will be our first event in this club, it would be great to meet other like-minded owners, get insight and talk all about each others Alphard.

Campsite Invade (idea from Oldwellhouse)

Mass Alphard Camper pitch-up before or after the event for those who have campers (i guess Tents would also be good too)

So the main question is

1. Would you be interested in attending a meet near Warwickshire in September?

2. Do you have any ideas that could improve the meet?

3. Would joining a convoy in interest you?

4. Does show and shine competition interest you?

Look forward to your comments.

Interested 

• Like 1