Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

New (to me) Toyota Vellfire - Couple issues

Cheers everyone for the info, think I might just get the headunit replaced.

Any recommendations for a replacement headunit that fits as nice as possible (including reverse camera)?

Edited by Blaman

On 8/2/2022 at 3:07 AM, Blaman said:

Hey everyone

I am a proud new owner of an immaculate 2010 Toyota Vellfire - colour is a dark blue/silver (probably a name for it). It has unfortunately came with a couple of (hopefully small) niggles, however I got it for a really good price so fine with me.

• Reverse camera doesn't pop up when in reverse - the headunit is the original Japanese version. Is it possible to be disabled by some option in the headunit or something else?
  • Passenger side wing mirror doesn't close when locking. I can see and hear it tries to close but appears too weak. When I close manually, it feels like it has the same movement as the drivers side and closes correctly manually.
  • Cant seem to figure how to open the DVD unit in the roof - remote is missing.

Would appreciate your help and look forward to chatting to some of you soon.

Cheers

Cant seem to figure how to open the DVD unit in the roof - remote is missing.

10 hours ago, Blaman said:

Thanks all for help

So does anyone know what third party head unit I can get to replace mine? 26041 replacement I guess?

Any double din unit will fit with a surround you can buy, then you need a cable to adapt the plugs to the new head unit. Or you can get an Android system with a bigger screen and a new silver surround. These are a bit more work to fit because you have to change over some parts.

• 1 year later...

Did you very get a new head unit that fitted easily?

My 08 Vellfire has had a crap android unit put in so no reversing camera, no DAB, no android auto (it really is cheap junk they've put in). 

Looking to get a new head unit that fits, but like you the mess of cables behind these units is staggering!

21 hours ago, hellofriend said:

Did you very get a new head unit that fitted easily?

My 08 Vellfire has had a crap android unit put in so no reversing camera, no DAB, no android auto (it really is cheap junk they've put in). 

Looking to get a new head unit that fits, but like you the mess of cables behind these units is staggering!

I bought and fitted an Xtrons TIE124 unit, I am very happy with it, strongly recommend to have a look at this brand!

• Thanks 1