Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MEGATHREAD - Hybrid battery servicing

Hope it's ok to start a megathread here.

I'm finding it hard to get someone to inspect my 20-series hybrid battery. My local Toyota garage would service the mechanical parts but couldn't/wouldn't touch the hybrid system. I thought it might be useful to have a single thread that listed places that will do it. If anyone has had this done, could you please reply to this thread with -

NAME OF GARAGE:

TYPE OF SERVICE (diagnostic/refurbish/replacement etc.):

ROUGH COST:

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?:

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

As I'd bought my camper from Campers Scotland in Denny I took it back there for a full habitat and hybrid battery service which was under £200. They had to do extra checks to find out why the battery always looked low but was fine...turned out it was where the dash cam took it's power, ecu reset and fine. They also replace faulty cells £75 each ....before all the world's problems that is.

Can't find any garages in Cardiff....

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, Alphie said:

Hi, Somebody recommended "a garage in Exeter" to me recently, I've had a look and think it may be this one https://www.hybridrepairservices.co.uk/contact , however I haven't had a need to check them out yet.

Regards Chris, (2003 Hybrid)

I have used Mark at the Hybrid Repair Service recently to fully refurbish my 2006 10 series hybrid battery. I cannot recommend him enough!

He gave a fabulous service.

Came up and removed the battery, took it away and refurbished it, kept me in the loop as to what was going on, and refitted it.

Super job!

• Thanks 1