Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Newbie - need guidance

Hello all,

I need a vehicle that will give me some extra elbow room, and I have been looking for the right vehicle for a while. I am getting discouraged by the Transporter/Transit prices, and I now see a good Alphard for sale. My idea is to use the car as a weekend/holiday trips car, my windsurfing/paddleboarding buddy and one day ... potentially convert it to a camper.

I need your help.

1. The car I am looking at is 3L V6 petrol. What fuel consumption am I looking at? Again, I will not be using the car daily.

2. Can I get it equipped with LPG Autogas? Is it worth it, and where can I do this?

3. Anything I should be aware of?

The car looks very nice, and it has very low mileage.

Thanks for your help and guidance!

Hiya,

I have an Alphard that was already converted to LPG (we only use petrol on the motorway), ours is a small tank where the spare wheel was keeping a full size petrol tank. It saves us a lot of money on the short trips around the city. Although we live in a large city there are only 2 supermarkets on the edge of town that sell LPG and an Autogas dealer 9 miles away. 

It was great when there was a fuel shortage as we had no problem getting LPG and didn't have to queue at the Autogas dealer.