Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

LPG Conversion

Hi, I'm about to collect a 2004 model G which has had an LPG conversion (professionally carried out).

It looks in great condition. 

Does anyone have any experience of this conversion?  I have driven it & it appears to drive faultlessly, the switch from petrol to LPG being barely perceptible. 

I'd appreciate any information or comments. 

Thanks for that, the only problem I can see now is the lack of service stations that sell the stuff!

Picking up the Alphard next week, then getting on with modifications to the interior (hob, sink, curtains, leisure battery etc.) So I'll probably be posting more silly questions on 'how to in the future. 🙄

On 9/22/2020 at 7:52 PM, Dick Powell said:

Hi, I'm about to collect a 2004 model G which has had an LPG conversion (professionally carried out).

It looks in great condition. 

Does anyone have any experience of this conversion?  I have driven it & it appears to drive faultlessly, the switch from petrol to LPG being barely perceptible. 

I'd appreciate any information or comments. 

I have experience of LPG on a Ford Explorer and my current vehicle a Subaru Forester. If it has been set up correctly the only thing that needs doing is changing the filters.. You might notice a small reduction in the miles per litre but other than that it will go just as well as when on petrol.  I'm waiting for mine to be registered atm.

Thanks for all the replies.  I've actually tried it now. The switch from petrol to LPG is imperceptible & performance seems to be the same. As for mpg, to early to say. But as LPG is half the price of petrol, a small reduction won't matter!