Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2011/2012 Facelift changes

Hi everyone,

I'm curious about the changes made to the model with the 2012 facelift. I've been doing some research online, but I haven't been able to find a definitive list of updates.

I know that the Alphard/Vellfire underwent some cosmetic changes with the facelift, such as a new grille, redesigned headlights, and a revised bumper. However, I'm also interested in any changes that were made to the interior, technology, or mechanical features.

Also, are those changes worth looking for 2012 models or not?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide!

2 hours ago, jpiech said:

Hi everyone,

I'm curious about the changes made to the model with the 2012 facelift. I've been doing some research online, but I haven't been able to find a definitive list of updates.

I know that the Alphard/Vellfire underwent some cosmetic changes with the facelift, such as a new grille, redesigned headlights, and a revised bumper. However, I'm also interested in any changes that were made to the interior, technology, or mechanical features.

Also, are those changes worth looking for 2012 models or not?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide!

Hello Jarek,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hi jpiech

i have a 2008 20 series apart from exterior design changes to rear an front internal features pretty much the same from what I’ve seen also I think from that year they were selling these cars for the first time to Asian markets Malaysia especially with the head units able to be switched to English so unless you particular like the shape of the 30 series and these are still very much in demand in Japan and fetching good prices I would look out for a good low mileage 20 series which have increased in value at Jap auctions as well in recent months.

35 minutes ago, skippy992 said:

Hi jpiech

i have a 2008 20 series apart from exterior design changes to rear an front internal features pretty much the same from what I’ve seen also I think from that year they were selling these cars for the first time to Asian markets Malaysia especially with the head units able to be switched to English so unless you particular like the shape of the 30 series and these are still very much in demand in Japan and fetching good prices I would look out for a good low mileage 20 series which have increased in value at Jap auctions as well in recent months.

Hi Skippy,

I'm still after the 20 series but there were some changes introduced in November 2011 and I'm trying to figure out what are those changes, especially mechanical ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 10:40 PM, Chris.ac said:

Each revision is detailed in Toyotas 'ncf' (new car features) bulletins. 

I do have the 20 series ones up to 2014 I think, I will upload them to my Google drive

Chris, feel free to share and I will have a look. Thanks.