Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Windcreen wiper size?!

Hi All, on my gosh how hard can it be to get windscreen wipers?! Been online trying to get a set ordered, all the sites state the driver's side is either 26" or 28" (mine measures 30" so I don't want to get a smaller one!) and 14" for the passenger side (mine measures 16"!). Where are people getting their wipers and what size are you all buying? 

I put some Bosch part numbers for both front and rear in the parts thread on the technical forum. They’re not perfect - there’s a small section left unwiped at the left hand extremity of the right hand blade when viewed from inside the car (ie in front of the passenger, between the two blades at the base of the screen).

Edited by anotherdom

Thank you, just had a look. So the ar70 is 700mm, or 28", which is 2"shorter than what's on there at they moment. So now I'm not sure whether someone has put longer-than-stock wipers on mine?! Seems like we shouldn't have to put up with unwiped areas of the screen! 

Hey Declan

I had the same issue last year.  The wipers being too long, short or the wrong fitment. 

After searching for days, I found

https://www.opieoils.co.uk

If your reg doesn't come up then click down and search for the car Manually (there will be 2 tabs for the Alphard/Vellfire range dependingon the year).

Once the vehicle comes up then go into service then wipers.

You'll find the right ones you're looking for 👍🏼

They always have a discount on.

I found them handy for other items too including the Auto gear oil.

Good luck mate

Aftab 

The Opie site returns the same Bosch

AR70N and AR13U I’ve already fitted, and posted details of. Close - not perfect!

Also a Hella set that look to be the same sizes.

Interestingly not the H409 rear I’ve successfully fitted.

Yes, you are right ️ 

The bosch numbers are the same. I fitted these without any issues apart from the unwiped very very small area on the left.... no steering wheel on that side so no issues Lol

I got mine from the Toyota dealer near where I live. 

They were exactly the same as the existing ones. 

I got the numbers off the Toyota EPC site: 

https://toyota.epc-data.com

Mines a GGH20 (2nd Generation) by the way. 

Here’s a picture of the windscreen wiper part numbers. 

3B1946A8-FB41-406B-A3F3-03EA98BF6316.thumb.jpeg.39cfebc6cf115c7a8785579086c72724.jpeg

30 minutes ago, ThuMentaliss said:

dont understand you guys😝 Halfords, Europa parts carry them BOSCH being the most popular

Yeah, but if you still have the original Toyota wipers, these are just slot in rubbers. 

Less waste, less cost. 

1 hour ago, ThuMentaliss said:

dont understand you guys😝

Interestingly, Toyota sell winter blades, where the rubber is deeper and stiffer, I guess to shift snow. 

Edited by Chris.ac

5 hours ago, ThuMentaliss said:

dont understand you guys😝 Halfords, Europa parts carry them BOSCH being the most popular

I went to halfords who didn't have the right size. Then I went to euro car parts who wouldn't sell me anything because apparently they have to book parts out against a registration plate and as my registration plate doesn't bring up a car they recognise they said they couldn't sell me anything. To say I was seething was an understatement, what an absolutely ridiculous situation! 

On 4/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, Declan C said:

I went to halfords who didn't have the right size. Then I went to euro car parts who wouldn't sell me anything because apparently they have to book parts out against a registration plate and as my registration plate doesn't bring up a car they recognise they said they couldn't sell me anything. To say I was seething was an understatement, what an absolutely ridiculous situation! 

Same with Halfords online, by the way. Computer says no.

• 3 weeks later...

Did some research. 

Toyotas OEM Wipers for the alphards used blades provided by nippons blade division called NWB (nippon wiper blades)

For the 10 series, the fronts are 26"(650mm) and 16"(400mm), with rear being 16"(400mm)

For the 20 series, the rear is the same, but the fronts are 30"(750mm)and 14"(350mm)

NWB blades are coded D** (** is the 1st 2 digits of the size in mm, E.g. D75 = 750mm) and the rear is GRB40

The 'D' is their design range that use graphite coated rubber.

You can buy their HDA or HDB range (the frames are identical, but the rubber blade is coated in varying qualities of water repellant material that coats the glass (better performance with frost/snow))

You CAN buy just the rubber inserts (check that your existing blades are the nippons ones, they should have a metal clip/rail that needs to be removed and reused - the rubbers do not come with this metal part)

I bought a set from amazon.co.jp (you can create an account in English)

Search term for 10 series is NWB D65 D40 GRB40
Search term for 20 series is NWB D75 D35 GRB40

You can also buy DENSO, which is a decent OEM used by Toyota.

Their largest blade, unfortunately, is only 700mm(28") so if you have a 20 series, you will have slightly less coverage on drivers side.

DENSO codes are
DU-070R (28") or DUR-065R (26") driver side
DU-040(16") or DU-35(14") passenger side
And DRB-040 rear.

For all these wipers, the passenger and rears are about £8 to £12. 
The drivers side, being much larger is about £22 to £26

These are hook fixings, so any cheapo blade of manufacturers wipers will work if you get the sizes right.

The rear blade has a different connector design, so probably best to stick with the NWB or DENSO designs.

Opieoils (linked in a previous post) is very competitive of you are buying the denso blades, but you will be limited to a mac size of 28"

If you still have the original NWB (Nippon) blades fitted, you can save money by buying the rubbers only, from Toyota, or amazon.co.jp 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

Did some research. 

Toyotas OEM Wipers for the alphards used blades provided by nippons blade division called NWB (nippon wiper blades)

For the 10 series, the fronts are 26"(650mm) and 16"(400mm), with rear being 16"(400mm)

For the 20 series, the rear is the same, but the fronts are 30"(750mm)and 14"(350mm)

NWB blades are coded D** (** is the 1st 2 digits of the size in mm, E.g. D75 = 750mm) and the rear is GRB40

The 'D' is their design range that use graphite coated rubber.

You can buy their HDA or HDB range (the frames are identical, but the rubber blade is coated in varying qualities of water repellant material that coats the glass (better performance with frost/snow))

You CAN buy just the rubber inserts (check that your existing blades are the nippons ones, they should have a metal clip/rail that needs to be removed and reused - the rubbers do not come with this metal part)

I bought a set from amazon.co.jp (you can create an account in English)

Search term for 10 series is NWB D65 D40 GRB40
Search term for 20 series is NWB D75 D35 GRB40

You can also buy DENSO, which is a decent OEM used by Toyota.

Their largest blade, unfortunately, is only 700mm(28") so if you have a 20 series, you will have slightly less coverage on drivers side.

DENSO codes are
DU-070R (28") or DUR-065R (26") driver side
DU-040(16") or DU-35(14") passenger side
And DRB-040 rear.

For all these wipers, the passenger and rears are about £8 to £12. 
The drivers side, being much larger is about £22 to £26

These are hook fixings, so any cheapo blade of manufacturers wipers will work if you get the sizes right.

The rear blade has a different connector design, so probably best to stick with the NWB or DENSO designs.

Opieoils (linked in a previous post) is very competitive of you are buying the denso blades, but you will be limited to a mac size of 28"

If you still have the original NWB (Nippon) blades fitted, you can save money by buying the rubbers only, from Toyota, or amazon.co.jp 

Thanks Chris,

A VERY worthwhile piece of research

• Thanks 1

This is brilliant work, thank you so much! I ended up getting some cheap ones at the right size but I kept the original frames for future use of such a kind, well informed person was to supply the information on the rubber inserts!

If your original wipers were the Nippon ones, you should be able to get the rubbers from Toyota, they have their own codes. 

I currently have a set on order from amazon.jp.

My passenger side blade arrived today, finally can get rid of the aftermarket one that did not have the aero design

16838230913537736579247671795925.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just replaced mine on a 2006 ANH10W. Couldn't get a rear wiper as nowhere stocked the Bosch 409 so bought a refill from halfords and cut it down.

For the fronts, I got the Bosch SP26S and SP16

image.thumb.jpeg.7d92d40f4898446ea2df39ce895381f3.jpeg

Had the same problem as above with Euro Car Parts - rediculous; they wouldn't sell me the part even though I had the number!

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

I'm having exactly the same problem with wiper blades. Picked up my Vellfire on March 1st and thought I would replace the wipers. I can but not the correct size. Replaced them with the Vipa set as advised but they too are 28 inch not 30 inch and leave a small unwiped are. Hoping the misses can live with it. I think I have tried every avenue so far. Best wishes  and happy searching.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:24 PM, Victor said:

I'm having exactly the same problem with wiper blades. Picked up my Vellfire on March 1st and thought I would replace the wipers. I can but not the correct size. Replaced them with the Vipa set as advised but they too are 28 inch not 30 inch and leave a small unwiped are. Hoping the misses can live with it. I think I have tried every avenue so far. Best wishes  and happy searching.

Toyota directly. Or Amazon.Jp

You can setup a japanese Amazon account, change language and currency to UK, and buy stuff from Japan.

Because it's Amazon, so the taxes etc are included.

• Like 1

Cheers Chris.ac for that excellent advise.