Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Diagnostic tool

mart1963

Dear All 

Could anyone in our forum recommend the right diagnostic tool/ reader for my 2004 3 ltr v6 Alphard?
ive recently had Knock sensors go but weren’t read by my existing reader although it put engine management light out for a short time .( knock sensors now replaced) 

I took it to a chap some 70 miles away from me to get the code to fix but his software/ machine was and has Japanese programs on it that pin point issue within seconds. 
any help on right device and model of reader to buy would really help .

many thanks 

Martin 

You Need techstream software if you got a laptop buy this on ebay item no.  124808047632 install the software to your laptop its great piece of kit I have one myself it reads everything on your alphard you can even turn those annoying beeps program keys and fobs .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 8:04 PM, Picasso said:

You Need techstream software if you got a laptop buy this on ebay item no.  124808047632 install the software to your laptop its great piece of kit I have one myself it reads everything on your alphard you can even turn those annoying beeps program keys and fobs .

Hi, I've just bought this and am attempting to install the software.  Unfortunately my laptop is claiming to detect ransomware in the software.  As the whole thing has a bit of a pirate feel about anyway it I'm wary of continuing.  Did you, or has any one else, come across this?

Thanks

Dave

• 5 months later...

I just stumbled across this post about code reading the Alphard and had a quick look at our Launch MK808 that we use on the '08 Mercedes S class V6 and it has a whole list of models that are compatible up to 2019 although I have yet to try in on one.