Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

In case of breakdown

I am hoping to travel to Morocco in my Alphard hybrid but am not sure what to do if I have a breakdown.  Is it true that you cannot tow hybrids, even on back wheels, but must put them on a loader to get them wherever?   Also, what small spares to do with the hybrid workings would it be advisable to take?

8 hours ago, Patricia Ingram said:

I am hoping to travel to Morocco in my Alphard hybrid but am not sure what to do if I have a breakdown.  Is it true that you cannot tow hybrids, even on back wheels, but must put them on a loader to get them wherever?   Also, what small spares to do with the hybrid workings would it be advisable to take?

Hello Patricia,

Is your machine four wheel drive? 

I cannot speak for Alphard Hybrids as I don't know if the rear wheels are connected to the hybrid system.

You should not tow ANY automatic with any driven wheels in contact with the road.

All towing companies should know this, but in Morocco ?

I, personally, would not let any company tow any of my automatic vehicles in any way other than on a flat bed.

None of my vehicles are hybrid.

I am sure hybrid owners, 'in the know', will provide you with the relevant advice

I suggest you check with your breakdown insurance company that flat bed towing, if required, is covered.

I believe some people who tour with a hybrid take a spare Inverter coolant pump-might be very difficult to get one abroad - they are about £250 for the Toyota one but as a spare an after market one would probably do at about a £100 less- also take suitable coolant for hybrids such as Toyota PInk as this might be difficult to get also.

12 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hello Patricia,

Is your machine four wheel drive? 

I cannot speak for Alphard Hybrids as I don't know if the rear wheels are connected to the hybrid system.

You should not tow ANY automatic with any driven wheels in contact with the road.

All towing companies should know this, but in Morocco ?

I, personally, would not let any company tow any of my automatic vehicles in any way other than on a flat bed.

None of my vehicles are hybrid.

I am sure hybrid owners, 'in the know', will provide you with the relevant advice

I suggest you check with your breakdown insurance company that flat bed towing, if required, is covered.