Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Wet passenger seatbelt

37 minutes ago, Joshc said:

Hello, 2012 Vellfire here with double sunroof. Am I right in thinking a wet passenger seatbelt means the sunroof drains are blocked? 

Hello Josh,

Welcome to the Forum.

• Thanks 1

In most probability, yes. 

Easiest way to check, it's rejoice the plastic kick panels on front footwell, look for the pink hoseing, if that has water in, the blockage is at the exit points hidden behind wheel arch trim. 

If no water, yet further up by popping off trim on a pillar (be careful of airbags) if that the is still clear, it's right in the drain pan up top. 

How in 2 front corners of the front sun roof, little conduits run to the middle moon roof. 

The rears are of course right at the back, you can check behind the rear side panels

14 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

In most probability, yes. 

Easiest way to check, it's rejoice the plastic kick panels on front footwell, look for the pink hoseing, if that has water in, the blockage is at the exit points hidden behind wheel arch trim. 

If no water, yet further up by popping off trim on a pillar (be careful of airbags) if that the is still clear, it's right in the drain pan up top. 

How in 2 front corners of the front sun roof, little conduits run to the middle moon roof. 

The rears are of course right at the back, you can check behind the rear side panels

Gentleman thank you! 
Do you know how to remove the front sunroof at all?

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, dave murrell said:

I have the same problem with the vellfire and was wondering if I could connect my vacuum pump to the end of the pipe rather than remove the front sunroof.

Honestly mate I tried lots of different things, going for the bottom of the pipe but the wheel well. I just took the sunroof out in the end, it’s a lot easier than I thought and it’s been good as gold now. 

Further to this topic, as stated above the water drains overflowed on the wifes Vellfire and dripped inside after night of rain.

Went out this morning with the intention of assessing what needs to be done based on others input, well, once I realised exactly where the drain hole was it became apparent there is another option.

Firstly you will need a mig gun liner (the inner part that the welding wire actually runs through), I pulled one out of my old weld torch and stripped off the outer plastic coating.

These liners are are very flexible yet some force can be pushed along its length, ideal for sending down narrow pipes/tubes.

1. Open sun roof

2. remove plastic trim that is attached to the side of the glass frame hiding the mechanism by pulling it downwards.

3.from the drivers seat pass the torch liner over the metal parts as shown in 1st picture and guide into the hole (fiddly part)

4. feed in the liner in a see saw action, mine was 3mtre and took most of it, will pull out easily.

NB. protect the roof liner from dirt.

WATER DRAIN HOLE 3 .jpg

WATER DRAIN HOLE 1  .jpg

WATER DRAIN HOLE 2 .jpg

WATER DRAIN HOLE 4 .jpg