Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

engine warning light.

Hi, everyone me again.My Alphy is running buitifully.Ihad new spark plugs new coils,new oxegen censer at front of engine.also put bottle of cat cleaner in fuel tank.Ran up to norfolk after 60 mls light came on.stopped engine restarted and light was out.Completed journey  pluged in my jap computer and it read P0171 Fuel trim to lean bank 1.  that is the new sencer i  replaced By the way all parts were from Toyota cost a fortune.That said all this it is running lovely.Hope to be going up to norfolk tomorrow.will keep posted.Any suggestions please to get this light out.my van 2.4 Alphard G.Reg 2005,LK05 VEP.P.S when i start from cold engine light goes out as normal,seems to take approx60 mls to come on.Thanks in advance for any help.Kind regards to all.Phil.

6 hours ago, philip klein said:

Hi, i still have box.On the end of box says sensor_air fuel,89467-58090.on top of box inhand writing isMotorised,44978.This might be order number.P.S were would i find the mass air flow on engine .Again thank you all in adva ce.

Mas air flow is inside the air intake barrel, its a very fine wire

2 minutes ago, CBBrundall said:

Could be the wrong petrol as well...E5 is far better....ours came on as well and we replaced,  was advised E5 in furure

The 2.4L is designed to run on 89 to 95 RON, E5 is just the ethanol content the RON stays the same whether its E5 or E10

The sensor you had replaced is not correct part no. The correct part no. Is 8954228100 so that is more likely the reason the light is still coming on the part no. You had fitted is a oxegen sensor not a fuel ratio sensor you need to get the correct part fitted 

5 hours ago, dezufo said:

The 2.4L is designed to run on 89 to 95 RON, E5 is just the ethanol content the RON stays the same whether its E5 or E10

I would agree. E5 or E10 should not make much difference.

A fuelling problem, but unlikely to be the fuel itself.

There is a lengthy thread on the forum; mainly discussing fuel economy and another on effects on engine longevity of the two fuels.

37 minutes ago, stopgapcat said:

We had the same symptoms and fault code on our 2006 3.0 litre - the garage cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor (for free!) when we took it in for a service, and this fixed the issue.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much will do