Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toyota Alphard 350S and Toyota Vellfire 350S

Trying to insure my Toyota Alphard 350S but not available from Alphard choices (2.4 and 3.0 ltr only option ), but when you scroll under Vellfire, vehicle is available. Are the insurance company recognized these vehicles as one model? If i insured my Alphard 350S as Vellfire 350S will the policy invalidate?

Your thought and advise is highly appreciated

10 hours ago, AlphardV6-2008 said:

Trying to insure my Toyota Alphard 350S but not available from Alphard choices (2.4 and 3.0 ltr only option ), but when you scroll under Vellfire, vehicle is available. Are the insurance company recognized these vehicles as one model? If i insured my Alphard 350S as Vellfire 350S will the policy invalidate?

Hello Gideon,

Welcome to the Forum.

You need to make some phone calls.

There is a long thread on Insurance on this Forum.

Use the search box, or go the the list of Forums. Check it out.

Alphard is frequently NOT in dropdowns, so try phoning.

I would not insure an Alphard as a Vellfire although they are almost the same vehicle.

There is no point, whatsoever, in providing an insurance company with an excuse not to pay a claim.

10 hours ago, AlphardV6-2008 said:

If you check out  our recent posts you will find were trying to get insurance to change  dropdowns  to Alphard/ vellfire on comparison sites due to heafty increases in premiums to get a bit more choice.

Best response  i had so far is a reply from moneysupermarket who said the following

"Hi Alan,

I will pass on your feedback to the team regarding the vehicle not appearing on our website, I have no control of the vehicle lookup service as it is an external company used. I will however ensure that your points are passed on.

Have a great day.

I bought an Alphard 350S earlier in the week. Used Money Super Market, had to manually choose make and model but the option was there. Went with Admiral at just over £500 for me and wife fully comp. Loving it so far, what a vehicle.

7 hours ago, ALSALPHARD said:

Yes up to 2010 Alphards show up after that only vellfire.

Just have to wait for the data programmer to input more models, might be this year if we are lucky!

Is Advance an insurance co?

Yes, Advance Insurance - they know about Alphards. I found them much nicer to deal with than Adrian Flux, no pushy selling.