Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Centre seat reconfiguration

Good afternoon hivemid,

I am thining of making a littelmore space in my 2010 alphard (two huskies and chidlren) my thought was to unbilt the seats in teh middle and rebolt facing backwards.  Has anyone attemoted this? are the sliders(no idea what they are called) positioniedin a manner that the seats can be simply unbolted turned and rebolted?

Thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, fiaraz said:

Good afternoon hivemid,

I am thinking of making a little more space in my 2010 Alphard (two huskies and chidlren) my thought was to unbolt the seats in the middle and rebolt facing backwards.  Has anyone attempted this? Are the sliders (no idea what they are called) positioned in a manner that the seats can be simply unbolted turned and rebolted?

Thanks in advance

Hi Fiaraz,

Do your middle seats have lap belts ?

If not, reversing the seats would mean they could not be used for travelling.

Since the three point seat belts cannot be used, the vehicle will fail the MOT.

I believe the Gen 2 does not come with 8 seats, so at least the seat rails should be in the correct position.

I have a Gen 1 vehicle and explored this idea, in detail, and there are other difficulties too.

If you do have lap belts, then it may be feasible, but is not a simple as you may think.

thanks for the info, yes they have lap belts, do you have the a link to the post or article that contains. your research into this modification? i have been giving though to buying some seats

2 hours ago, fiaraz said:

thanks for the info, yes they have lap belts, do you have the a link to the post or article that contains. your research into this modification? i have been giving thought to buying some seats

Buying some seats ?

Are you considering fitting Gen 1 seats to a Gen 2 vehicle ?

Is your vehicle a 7 or 8 seater ?

How many seat rails do you have across the middle row?

There is no link or article; just detailed personal research.

Can you PM me the details of what you are trying to achieve.

What seats you have, or will have.

Whether you expect the middle seats to slide when reversed ?

I assume your van is not a conversion.

Assume you have an ah20 with the centre row as 2 captains chairs? I don't believe they can be spun by design, Northstar sell swivel bases at £1200 fitted, but they will only do it if you have a rear conversion, I emailed them to get more info.

No then, there is no native way to spin the seats unfortunately. As mentioned, Northstar make swivel bases, but they are expensive @ £1200 but they won't sell you them unless you have a rear conversion done....by them. I would suspect that you could take some standard swivel bases and weld some frames together that could adapt them to fit.....I'd guess that is what Northstar have done. I have had based put together to adapt seats to fit before, but I know a chap who can weld :)