Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

I have removed the origional head unit and found that the wiring connections are unique and not labled.

I'm happy to sacrifice the additional cameras and steering wheel controls. I just want uk sat nav and DAB radio. This is the origional Panasonic head unit.IMG_3702.thumb.JPG.5d81b21e09d8aa6009ae894bf54c4c1d.JPGIMG_3703.thumb.JPG.81cdfded1f91a4398c091ce2ec0b92d6.JPG

Are there any experts out there who can advise me what the pin out connections are. I think I just need to connect in an ISO connector whilst keeping everything backwards compatable, unless adaptor cables are available. The additional antennas and even a replacement reversing camera can be connected directly to the new Pioneer head unit.

So far I have not been able to find and reference to this particular head unit anywhere online.

Also, I assume Alphards are not fitted with OBD sockets as I've not been able to find one anywhere.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Laurence said:

I have removed the origional head unit and found that the wiring connections are unique and not labled.

I'm happy to sacrifice the additional cameras and steering wheel controls. I just want uk sat nav and DAB radio. This is the origional Panasonic head unit.IMG_3702.thumb.JPG.5d81b21e09d8aa6009ae894bf54c4c1d.JPGIMG_3703.thumb.JPG.81cdfded1f91a4398c091ce2ec0b92d6.JPG

Are there any experts out there who can advise me what the pin out connections are. I think I just need to connect in an ISO connector whilst keeping everything backwards compatable, unless adaptor cables are available. The additional antennas and even a replacement reversing camera can be connected directly to the new Pioneer head unit.

So far I have not been able to find and reference to this particular head unit anywhere online.

Also, I assume Alphards are not fitted with OBD sockets as I've not been able to find one anywhere.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Laurence,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's entirely possible (through converter cables) to retain rear camera and steering controls.

I have a Pioneer Android Auto/Carplay system in mine and the factory camera and steering controls all work as you'd expect.

The wiring on these is relatively complicated because of all the AV features these cars tend to come with (particularly if you have one of the factory upgraded speaker systems) but it's all entirely doable with the right cabling and knowhow.

Worst case take it to a decent audio installer and get them to sort for you, might be worth the spend for all the hassle it might present otherwise.

Private message me an email address, I'll give you a link to the pdf for wiring .

You can buy wiring kits for around £100 on AliExpress for that unit, that will enable you to retain the factory cameras/reversing sensors/heater controls/amplifier and add obd/canbus data too.

It's not insurmountable.

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris.ac. Can you please share with me the wiring for the head unit and the roof unit? I just bought a 2012 Vellfire and it has an Android but many features are not working, like the roof unit. When I removed the front unit, there is a large number of wires thare are not connected or are cut out from connectors, a total mess. A correct wiring diagram would help me a lot as I am an robotic engineer and I should solve them. Many thanks in advance!

On 1/18/2024 at 4:51 PM, Chris.ac said:

Private message me an email address, I'll give you a link to the pdf for wiring .

You can buy wiring kits for around £100 on AliExpress for that unit, that will enable you to retain the factory cameras/reversing sensors/heater controls/amplifier and add obd/canbus data too.

It's not insurmountable.

Something like option 2 here? 

Looks like it deals with the cameras and possible the roof monitor?

2 hours ago, big_boz said:

Something like option 2 here? 

Looks like it deals with the cameras and possible the roof monitor?

No link in your message.

There are two looms that have different connectors for the standard power, antennas, rear screen etc.

And then there are 2 versions of those 2 looms that include a MOST Audio/video converter and park assist camera converter.

22 hours ago, Sorin said:

Hi Chris.ac. Can you please share with me the wiring for the head unit and the roof unit? I just bought a 2012 Vellfire and it has an Android but many features are not working, like the roof unit. When I removed the front unit, there is a large number of wires thare are not connected or are cut out from connectors, a total mess. A correct wiring diagram would help me a lot as I am an robotic engineer and I should solve them. Many thanks in advance!

Seen your message.

I'll send a link.

50 minutes ago, Chris.ac said:

No link in your message.

There are two looms that have different connectors for the standard power, antennas, rear screen etc.

And then there are 2 versions of those 2 looms that include a MOST Audio/video converter and park assist camera converter.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 

£5.63 40%OFF | 16PIN Android Radio Power Cord Wiring Harness For Toyota Alphard Vellfire AH20 2008-2015 Car stereo Fiber Box Adapter Canbus

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EjzgUyN

Dunno what happened there!

5 hours ago, big_boz said:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 

£5.63 40%OFF | 16PIN Android Radio Power Cord Wiring Harness For Toyota Alphard Vellfire AH20 2008-2015 Car stereo Fiber Box Adapter Canbus

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EjzgUyN

Dunno what happened there!

The two looms have different connectors based on the original headunit.

2008-2010 had minidisc players and external TV decoder boxes. 2010 onwards removed the minidisc and used the space to integrate the TV decoder.

This is why the connectors changed.

Do you still have the original Toyota unit? Check the connectors on the back.

The next thing is, how many speakers do you have?

If you have the 8 speaker setup, you don't need the 'optical' most decoder box.

If you have more than this, you do need the decoder.

Edited by Chris.ac

Just now, Chris.ac said:

The two looms have different connectors based on the original headunit.

2008-2010 had minidisc players and external TV decoder boxes. 2010 onwards removed the minidisc and used the space to integrate the TV decoder.

This is why the connectors changed.

Do you still have the original Toyota unit? Check the connectors on the back.

The next thing is, how many speakers do you have?

If you judge the 8 speaker setup, you don't need the 'optical' most decoder box.

Mini disc! Now there is a blast from the past, I actually still have all my mini disc set up in the loft lol.

I don't have the original head unit no, but I'm pretty sure I have 8 speaker set up.

Il have a browse on Ali and see what I can find unless you know of the correct loom. Pm sent buddy 

I had a look at the photos of the connectors on the Aliexpress link and the only one that looked anything like any of the sockets on my Panasonic head unit is the FM arial and I already have that one.