Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

I need my stearing rack bushes replacing along with the rear bushes (the big ones), it's a 2003 2.4 awd hybrid.  I have the rear ones but having trouble finding front ones, there is only two bushes and the bolt goes front to back,  and I'm in North Kent and looking for a good mechanic to change the rear ones as I do not have the tools for that job. 

Hi Tony

I have the same issue with my 2004 3.0 Alphard I have attached a couple of pics of the bushes that i have owned for over two years as I too am struggling to find anyone local to fit them . every MOT they come up as an advisory but eventually it will fail because of them, My Alphard has only done 25000 miles but the rubber has degraded because of age. If you find someone who could fit them I would be interested as well , I am at south Essex near M25 so not far from you.

Alphard bush 1.jpg

Alphard bush 2.jpg

21 hours ago, sax0tone said:

I need my stearing rack bushes replacing along with the rear bushes (the big ones), it's a 2003 2.4 awd hybrid.  I have the rear ones but having trouble finding front ones, there is only two bushes and the bolt goes front to back,  and I'm in North Kent and looking for a good mechanic to change the rear ones as I do not have the tools for that job. 

I asked  a local garage if they could fit the rear bushes on my 2003 3.0L, they quoted me 3 hrs labour, it actually took them 5 hours due to how rusted in the bushes were and the fact they had never worked on an Alphard, however they only charged me the quoted price. so it is worth asking local garages or you can get the tool set off ebay, but it is easier to do them on a lift   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394133949886  

On 6/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, dezufo said:

I asked  a local garage if they could fit the rear bushes on my 2003 3.0L, they quoted me 3 hrs labour, it actually took them 5 hours due to how rusted in the bushes were and the fact they had never worked on an Alphard, however they only charged me the quoted price. so it is worth asking local garages or you can get the tool set off ebay, but it is easier to do them on a lift   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394133949886  

I really hope you gave them some extra cash

2 hours ago, Honza said:

I really hope you gave them some extra cash

No, they have also done some work on my forester

Perhaps I would as a nice gesture for someone who looks after your precious wheels. Atlest for a bunch of beers.

On 6/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, dezufo said:

We're are you and which garage did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

Gloucestershire a bit to far, im kent, I managed to do the front stearing rack bushes,  not to hard , hardest part was getting the old ones out with stearing rack on the lawn, put new ones in the freezer over night and tapped them in in the morning, and also changed the track control ends, lower wish bones and a alignment on front done, drives like new. 😋