Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Android radio

Hi guys & gals

Has anybody had any experience in buying direct from China. I am looking to get a 9or 10” android radio with mounting kit from a distributor 

called AliExspress in Hong Kong. My main concern is vat & customs duty. I love my Japanese lady but she has to go🙏

I’d be more worried about the quality of the item than any taxes. I assume it’s cheap - if it is then take a punt and hope that (a) quality is at least ok and (b) you don’t get stung for any extra charges.

Neither point is guaranteed.

I fitted this one. It is from Aliexpress about 2 years ago. Works great and a straight fit.

This is on my channel. There may be more on the headunit there. I forget as I add on alphard videos all the time.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2021 at 12:34 PM, grizzla said:

Hi Mike, What Xtrons unit did you opt for in the end? I'm looking at changing the original head unit in our recently purchase Alphard 2005. 

Hi grizzla

went for model PSD60HGT this came with a Rav 4 connector loom fits directly into the dash without infill fillers only wiring changes needed were for rear camera, no front or side cams on my alphie. Go on google look for alphard  2din android 10 car stereo 6.2 inch screen can be bought on Amazon for £215.99

• 1 month later...

Hi igeraghtyb

I haven’t yet,the camera supply and return are located in a 4way connector block if I remember correctly it has 1 grey wire 1 grey/white and 2 white. I am going to try and remove the top dash to allow better access as wiring loom very tight. You will also have find the reverse gear wire to allow the cam to work only when in Rev. Will let the club know how I get on very soon.

Mike

I believe this unit can be bought from the UK; hence no import charges and taxes (although I have a vague recollection goods from Japan are tariff free due t some trade agreement). An all in price.

The unit seems to have all the features I would like, and MORE.

A must for me is the rear camera; I'm not too fussy about the steering wheel controls.

I would prefer to keep my front cameras too.

I am not a mobile phone person and suspect I need one to operate this properly.

Maybe of interest to people, I understand the EU is about to force all mobile phone suppliers (manufacturers) to use the same charging connector.

Apple users please note.