Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Questions on Head Unit

I'm new here so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have just bought my 2004 2.4l with camper kit and I have been looking at the entertainment system which, according to the small media cards contents, is running iGO8 (igo8-8.3.5.193799-world.EXE) and I assume it's a WinCE version.

I have been able to change the time and region, though BST / daylight savings seems to elude the settings. Another of this mornings successes is re-tuning the radio defaults 🙂

My questions are:

Are there any (ideally free) map or OS updates available and if so where from please?

How can I change the name of the bluetooth connection from 'Car Kit 30' to something a little more useful like 'Toyota' or 'Alphard'?

20240720_192749.jpg

Edited by Gamith
missed out the word 'someone' in the first sentence - doh!

And a third question - how do I format an SD / MMC card so music is recognised? is there a max card capacity, number of folders, minimum speed etc? 

Not so far - I can't find a spare media card to try. I have some USB drives on order which I can plug into a cable I found hiding in the lowest pull-out draw in the central console. I think I will have to order an SD card to experiment with. the last time I went down this rabbit hole with my Peugeot it turned out that the best thing was to create a bunch of folders and have a max of, if I recall, 255 MP3 files in each folder. It took some trial and error to find out what worked.