Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard power outlet advice please

Hi everyone! I'm new to your group and need some advice please.  I've recently bought a lovely 2007 3.0 V6 FWD. I'm trying to make use of the twin power outlet sockets between the front and second row seats. I can't find an adapter that is small enough to fit. The covers over the outlets are in the way. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks Monster S. Much appreciated. I guess I need to be careful what appliances I plug into that adapter? Can I boil a kettle on it? And apologies for all the stupid questions.

Kettle? I doubt it, I think this is only a 100w socket which is really only any good for powering low-power-use electronic devices like phones, iPads etc. 
i removed the ones in mine and then removed the 12v dc to 100v ac inverter, so that now I was back to 12v dc, then I replaced the jap sockets with some oe fit dual USB’s. A bit more useful in my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, wjvh said:

Kettle? I doubt it, I think this is only a 100w socket which is really only any good for powering low-power-use electronic devices like phones, iPads etc. 
i removed the ones in mine and then removed the 12v dc to 100v ac inverter, so that now I was back to 12v dc, then I replaced the jap sockets with some oe fit dual USB’s. A bit more useful in my opinion. 

Do you have a link for those adapters to swap the sockets to usb? Im looking to do the same in mine Cheers,

J

Mine states 1500w on the flap of each of the 3 sockets (one in the rear). Mine's a Hybrid model so perhaps why higher rated. We run a 80w coolbox and 2 x DVD players constantly. I ran a 200w coffee bean grinder also no problem 

On 8/1/2022 at 9:59 PM, Steve in Chester said:

I’ll have a look tomorrow. Would be handy if it’s there!

These are hybrid specific, but It would also make sense that the wiring exists, if you are up for a bit of retro fitting.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I've recently got an alphard vellfire and I used a plug adaptor in the jap sockets between front and middle seats and they are not working I don't know if it is the plug adaptor or if I need to press a button or if both are broken

3 hours ago, Lucas Newman said:

Hello, I've recently got an alphard vellfire and I used a plug adaptor in the jap sockets between front and middle seats and they are not working I don't know if it is the plug adaptor or if I need to press a button or if both are broken

Hello Lucas,

Welcome to the Forum

I have a Gen 1, you have a Gen 2; but I have a switch on the dash which turns the 100v outlets on and off.

Perhaps you have one too.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Thanks Rojie;

I tried mine yesterday with adapter specific to this outlet and no power, (silly me) didn't think to look for on/off switch. I have rear screen on the roof and that isn't working either, I wonder if the switch could be the issue too. 

As a wild guess I wonder whether when your rear fog light fitted the switch and feed were hijacked !

I don't have the Theatre System. I believe it uses a standard HDD head unit but has extra amplifiers under the front passenger seat.

Do you still have the original head unit?

My guess is someone has been fiddling with the wiring.

Be aware that the units have low power (100w) capacity anyway; so are only suitable for a small load.

They are wired through the ignition.

Could be the fuse has blown ? They can be damaged by inrush current so beware loads with high initial current draw.

I am hoping it is the switch needs actuating ! 

But that won't explain your roof system.

Hi Rojie;

All is still original, I don't see the point of replacing the head unit due to the loss of camera functionality etc. I have a stand alone SATNAV that does the job, and my mobile phone is connected to original system. I use google translate to navigate through the original head unit, which I find interesting and fun. Only had the Vehicle for a couple of weeks so still on a learning curve. It is a very comfortable ride and the engine is sweet. Recently had the hybrid battery replaced and I was there to see it done, the rest of the vehicle is immaculate for its age and its just passed MOT with no advisories. So happy days 

7 hours ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Hi Rojie;

All is still original, I don't see the point of replacing the head unit due to the loss of camera functionality etc. I have a stand alone SATNAV that does the job, and my mobile phone is connected to original system. I use google translate to navigate through the original head unit, which I find interesting and fun. Only had the Vehicle for a couple of weeks so still on a learning curve. It is a very comfortable ride and the engine is sweet. Recently had the hybrid battery replaced and I was there to see it done, the rest of the vehicle is immaculate for its age and its just passed MOT with no advisories. So happy days 

Happy Alpharding,

-

Eightseater.blog.com is very useful with the HDD head-unit.

• 1 month later...

:) changed my mind "yet again" been looking at some after market head units. I am a competent auto electrics DIYer and have all diagnostics equipment.

Most of the available units don't have facility for showing the mesmerising hybrid power flow screen " wheels , power from engine to Hybrid battery etc" 

There is also a lot of loss to camera functionality, but then again I have eyes that see the road in front and turning my head allows me to see the left and right side :) sorry just me having a loopy day. I am not bothered about losing the DVD player etc or cameras apart from rear one, I have found a unit that allows for retaining of rear camera and steering wheel buttons. Only concern I have is will losing the Hybrid status screen have a detrimental effect on the Hybrid system? My logic says no as it is only a data stream, Would appreciate  anyone with any knowledge on this to give thoughts