Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

New radiator

Hello,

I'm a new alphard owner, only had the van 3 weeks and the radiator needs replacing. I took it to a local Japanese import garage and they couldn't source the radiator for me! I've ended up at Kwick Fit who have been great and ordered me the radiator. Only problem is it's in Japan...they said it would be here in a week. Does anyone know if that's a correct time estimate? I would have thought it would take longer. Just want to know how long the van will be out of action for? Any knowledge/help would be very much appreciated. Thank you! 

If it goes air freight with FedEx or dhl etc then a week is doable, for sure, but that is gonna be mighty expensive overall. Have they given you a cost estimate? I would have just got a used one from eBay. Plenty of Alphard’s being broken for spare parts on eBay. 

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, they've quoted me £330 fitted.  Google search seems to think this is average maybe on the high side of average. I did think about ebay but then thought if it gets to me broken what would I do. The previous owner must have put a second hand one in back in June as I've got the paperwork for it. Its broken already! 

£330 fitted for a new item, perhaps even OE Toyota, direct from Japan, seems like a v good price. Reckon you’d pay about £100-200 for a used one, so that’s a good price. Fair play to kwik fit if they really can do it for that price.

• Thanks 1