Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Heater options

Craigb

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, wjvh said:

https://www.eberspacher.com/products/fuel-operated-heaters/air-heating

see this. Will run off petrol from the existing fuel tank. It’s good but expensive and will need to be professionally installed and certified. 

Can they run on petrol, I can only find diesel one`s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, Nick the wanderer said:

Thanks but I will give them a call their blerb only talk's about diesel not petrol.

Yes, they definitely do petrol versions, I used to have a petrol one in my old petrol campervan. You need to poke around the website, see below as an example. Remember petrol is still very common and popular combustion engine in many markets even for bigger vehicles/vans so these things do exist but you might need to

import or make a special order with uk

importer. Good luck.

425EDB49-DC34-425D-8600-F7630BE95F10.png

Hi Nick,

Our campervan converter put in an MV Airo heater (made by MV Heating UK, Southampton) - runs off petrol and is installed under the front passenger seat. It needs a 12v power supply for the fan (leisure batttery/EHU/Solar?) Fan isn't too noisy, but for quiet operation we normally use a small oil-filled radiator when on EHU (i.e. mains voltage, rather than 12v).

Regards,

Pcous