Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

sliding door cable replaement

kendo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ken, I have just replaced my passenger side door cable. You need to ascertain if it is the cable that's broken by looking at the cover under the rear side window at the bottom. I bought a cable for 329 from my local Toyota dealer and took me 4 hours to fit. look at a lot of YouTube videos like this .

• 1 month later...

I did my R sliding door cable last weekend. It is easy to do but get the right tools, from what I remember 

10mm spanner or socket

JIS #2 screwdriver

T40 torx

T25 torx

get some panel removal tools, don’t use a knife or screwdriver! Get some spare panel clips too and zip ties.

take photos of it all as you undo/remove, this will help greatly in putting it all back.

take your time, do it well do it once.

Important: only remove the white plastic cable cover once you have passively fitted the cable reel to the spline.

Dab a little bit of fresh silicon grease to the splines.

fit the bottom (black) cable end first, then the upper/rear (grey) cable end last; try to keep a little bit of tension in the cable and ensure it stays tracked in the correct line. you will need the T40 torx to unhinge the upper cable hold, slot the cable clip in, then lever it back and secure with the same T40 bolt.

there is a small black plastic cover over the upper cable hold; you need to slide this forwards but it takes some effort. Put a cloth over it, put a socket extension bar on it to act as a drift, and then tap it with a rubber mallet. Repeat on reinstallation to make sure it is fitted properly.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi All;

I took my sliding door panel off (passenger right hand) because it wont open with dash button or fob. It closes fine. I noticed that the cable from the door handle to the latch at the back of the door is not working properly. If I pushed the lever near to the handle and then pressed the fob it worked perfectly. I also noticed that the cable had come separated from the crimped end at the rear latch operator. Any Idea of part number or where I can get a new one from. Alphard Hybrid 2.4 2005.

Thanks in advance 😁

forgot to add it opens perfectly from the outside using the handle

Edited by atlanticcobra2023
added info

• 2 months later...

Hi lovely people.  Purchased a new sliding door mechanism/cables from kohaku.shop.They are a Japanese company trading through eBay. It took six working days to get to me. Not a bad price and excellent service. 
Fitting went well, a bit of a squeeze to get the cables up to the hinge. I supported the bottom of the door and slackened the hinge this gave me a bit more wriggle room.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

Am I right in thinking that my 2006 2.4 Anh10 is not fitted with electric sliding doors from the factory?

Can I retro fit the motor mechanism with an available kit?

Any help welcome. 

1 hour ago, Pete S. said:

Hi Everyone, 

Am I right in thinking that my 2006 2.4 Anh10 is not fitted with electric sliding doors from the factory?

Can I retro fit the motor mechanism with an available kit?

Any help welcome. 

Do you have door buttons on dash to right of steering wheel, and door power button to left of steering wheel. If you have these press the door power button it my be switched off. If you don't have these then may be you don't have power slide doors

Edited by atlanticcobra2023
typo error

Yes I do realise there are no power buttons. It’s just that when I close the doors manually and slowly , as the catch engages the rear end of the door closes with an electric motor. So I was wondering if there is a way of adding the electrical kit needed to power the opening and closing action as in newer models. 

• 5 months later...

Hi folks, my door cable mechanism has arrived (good price and quick delivery from "kabuki")

Does anyone have a link to a video of someone replacing the cable please? I've seen the video in this thread but unless I'm wrong the guy is replacing the motor not the cable and I would like a video to follow as I'm not that technical but willing to have a go.

Thanks

Dave

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2024 at 1:41 PM, davet said:

Does anyone have a link to a video of someone replacing the cable please? I've seen the video in this thread but unless I'm wrong the guy is replacing the motor not the cable and I would like a video to follow as I'm not that technical but willing to have a go.

My drivers side cable jammed and snapped, so looking to get this fixed.

How did you get on, any videos or info you could share?