Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi All, looking at buying an Alphard and would be greatful for any assistance or help in picking the right one. 

Which is better 2.4 or 3.0

What should I be looking for? 

Possible faults or issues? 

Is there a buyers guide? 

Thank you in advance

I would go for a 3L, there are some outstanding recalls on these (brake master cylinder, airbags).

When you get one make sure or do

1. full service including timing belt, water pump.

2. change gearbox fluid

3. get the brakes bled

4. Underseal/wax the bottom of the vehicle.

Other than that they are good vehicles.

On the question of which is better, 2.4 or 3.0 I'm about to choose between one or the other. Most of my driving is going to be on 100 mile trips on motorway/A roads with 2 on board. Which is going to more economical and would there be much difference in insurance costs. Sellers I've spoken to say 3 litre is as economical as 2.4 but usually they have a 3 litre to sell !  Any help would be much appreciated.

3L is better. Not struggling up hills the fuel ratio works out the same. But longer trips the 3L handles it much better.

If you convert to LPG you'll be laughing so many people opt for this. I haven't as there is not a LPG pump station anywhere near me.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2.4 and we have just done a holiday to the coast with 3 adults and 3 kids and a shed load of luggage car pulled fine and flew down the motorway couldnt fault it at all and very reasonable on fuel even at speed on the motorway i cant say it lacked pull or power on any hills or over taking 

IMG-20190511-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20190511-WA0004.jpeg

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...