Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Insurance Companies for Your Toyota Alphard

Hi All,

I have just received a letter from Mark Richard stating that current insurer - KGM are unable to invite renewal & Mark Richards have further stated that they have searched the market & are unable to find an alternative quotation !! I have been with them for over 20years with a Bongo & this is my second 2.4 Alphard. I've enjoyed relatively trouble free motoring with 19 years NCD., until May '22 when I was rear-ended by a truck whilst stationary in a traffic queue & subsequently Alphard was written off. Then on July this year I bumped a car in a similar situation causing minor damage to both cars. Taking this one fault claim & my age - 74yrs. has resulted in them not renewing. Has anyone been in this situation & can recommend an insurer before I start trawling around for quotes.

Many thanks in advance.

cheers chris just want to thank you i did phone mark richards they quoted me £1100 but i had a nice phone call from gary at mark richards this morning they admitted to making a mistake with my quote and they wanted to double check everything best they could do for me was £766.00 which i paid as i was getting over a £1000 + everywhere else 

• Like 2

Just to add.

https://www.quotezone.co.uk/car-insurance/average-car-insurance-premium-by-region

I think people have an unrealistic view of what they should be paying. 

I think it depends from the idea that insurance should get cheaper as your no claims increases, whereas the no claims discount is applied after taking into consideration the average insurance increases.

Even the month you renew has an effect on price!

• Like 1

Hi all, been a lurker for a while as I've been taking my time to look over as many topics on here as I can before deciding to make my purchase and I'm happy to say I'm finally picking up my Alphard on Saturday! 

I made the call to my current insurers (Hastings Direct) to see what they could do, currently have a 2019 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.5tdi paying £462 this year, it cost me an extra £82 to change over to the the 2012 Alphard 3.5 V6.

£542 seemed pretty reasonable to me, although I should point out that I am in South Wales and based on Chris' post above Wales is the third cheapest region in the UK. 35 M 9 years NCD doing around 9000miles a year and parked over night on drive.