Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MEGATHREAD GARAGE DIRECTORY

Teekay

We have random sporadic posts asking for garage contacts all over the country, for mechanics or Toyota dealerships that will deal with JDM imports Alphards and Vellfires.

Request members to please post as many contacts for such garage under this thread. Reference, experiences, cost for work carried out. Please help with jotting this information share for everyone's benefit 
@Rojie @Ldrego@Alphard Club mods etc if this can be pinned to start gathering momentum, it might be good idea

Copied from another thread as it is relevant..

Gastech, Birchwood, Warrington, wa3 6qt
They import and sell a large number of Alphard. They let take out car for a test drive and give
 loads of great advice. They also do lots of additional jobs to Alphards, like towbars, replacement stereos, genuine Toyota cruise control, lpg conversions and so much more. They have a mechanic and vehicle electrician too, so can cover all sides of work required. 20years experience too.

Thanks to @Daveg1971

Can members please come forward to share contacts to Toyota dealerships / garages they know are good at dealing with Alphards and Vellfires!! In spirit to benefit of the community you should come forward to contribute. I'm not prodding for my own personal benefit.

I have used the following and they are happy to work on imports

LPG

Profess LPG Ltd Unit K10 Usk Vale Park Cwmoody PONTYPOOL NP4 0JL

01443 812 893

https://professautogas.co.uk/

--------

Garage Services

RD MOTORS

MOT, servicing and repairs

Do work on Alphards and other Jap imports

Unit 5, 10 Allens Lane, Hamworthy, Poole, BH16 5DA.

-----

EAS Garage Services

MOT, Servicing and repairs

Unit 7 Chalwyn Industrial Estate, Old Wareham Road,  Parkstone, Poole Dorset, BH12 4PE

http://www.goodgaragepoole.co.uk/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gary Thomas at GT Motors of Newton Abbott is an absolute expert on Toyota Estimas.

I have bought three Estimas from him over the past 15 years and each has been fantastic.

I don't doubt he would be more than willing to work on Toyota Alphards.

https://www.gtmotors.co.uk  01626 361259‬

Edited by Lucky87

On 7/20/2022 at 1:16 PM, arthurj said:

Stoneacre Toyota at the Silverlink near North Shields will service the 20-series. Was quoted just over £400 for a full service.

Can't edit the original post, here's a follow-up:

• They took the car in for a service no problem, did a full mechanical check.
  • Very polite and friendly. Interested in the car!
  • Couldn't connect to the hybrid system so were unable to give it a health check. Won't be able to service it either.
  • Couldn't work out how to use the OEM radio :D
  • Gave the car a thorough clean inside and out as part of the service and it's immaculate.
  • Came back with a detailed service report and did identify several things that definitely needed fixing, which my guy at the port doing the MOT missed (thought as much - that's why I put it in for a service in the first place).

However: they are quite expensive and reported minor faults as urgent. Have 4mm of tread on the rear tyres, was reported as urgent replacement (minimum is 1.6mm). Brake disks were reported as worn, actually just needed a clean. Was told that the rear arms were corroded and needed replacing urgently... there's a tiny bit of rust at the ends where stones have hit it, it's not even flaking. To their credit, the engineer actually did even less work than what I approved because he said it wasn't needed.

Edited by arthurj

Big shout out to Abbey Motorsport in Oxted, Surrey. I don't know whether he will thank me for it, since they normally work on sportier imports and mine was possibly the first Alphard they had worked on, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Scott there as a helpful source of advice and info. First used them as they are a Tein suspension dealer, but nothing too much trouble.

• Like 1

Hey. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for alphards in Scotland? My rear passenger door has unfortunately gotten stuck shut this week (had been a bit stiff but then suddenly got stuck), I have had services and MOT at my old local garage but recently moved nearer Stirling. Any recommendation/advice very appreciated! Thanks Cat 

20 minutes ago, raincoat_cat said:

Hey. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for alphards in Scotland? My rear passenger door has unfortunately gotten stuck shut this week (had been a bit stiff but then suddenly got stuck), I have had services and MOT at my old local garage but recently moved nearer Stirling. Any recommendation/advice very appreciated! Thanks Cat 

There is a video, by Cuttothechase, on youtube that deals with replacing the cable (if that is what you problem is.

It's worth a look.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 7:03 PM, Alphard2010 said:

Hi All,

Automotive Japanese Spares

110 Eastcotes, Coventry CV4 9AS

https://www.autojapspares.com/

Regards

Alphard2010

Try Gibb's Automotive for servicing and repairs in Coventry. Very reasonable rates and the chap there knows his onions as he has an Alphie himself.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, HB2K said:

Big shout out to Abbey Motorsport in Oxted, Surrey. I don't know whether he will thank me for it, since they normally work on sportier imports and mine was possibly the first Alphard they had worked on, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Scott there as a helpful source of advice and info. First used them as they are a Tein suspension dealer, but nothing too much trouble.

Thank you this is helpful as I work not far from Oxted and have been looking for a garage. 

Edited by Tara_22
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I’ve just bought an Alphard 2012 hybrid which is giving me problems,I have found a garage that will do some work on it including under sealing and are very nice to deal with.

They have the kit to test hybrid’s but it will not connect to the Alphard!!

I’ve had a local auto electrician look at the problem with the window switches on the drives door that will not work and will not reset as they should unable to fix.

Will give the garage in Pool a try.

The Portsmouth garage I am using are Smith & Co Tel 02392 170040

Unit D Highgrove industrial Park Portsmouth PO3 5QQ

• 1 month later...