Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Dash cams

Hi All. Looking at getting a front and rear dash cam fitted. Just wondering if anyone has fitted one, if so what was the quality of the picture like. Would  you  recommend it ?

They seem to vary in price. Just wondering if any of the cheaper ones are any good. Would be grateful for any recommendations and advice. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by AlfAlphard
Post was not finished

1 hour ago, AlfAlphard said:

Hi All. Looking at getting a front and rear dash cam fitted. Just wondering if anyone has fitted one, if so what was the quality of the picture like. Would  you  recommend it ?

They seem to vary in price. Just wondering if any of the cheaper ones are any good. Would be grateful for any recommendations and advice. Many thanks in advance.

I have a Nextbase duo HD fitted to mine originally had it fitted to my Skoda, when need to use data for an incident the quality was excellent so now fitted to my Alphard, have reviewed the data to see if was just as good found no problem with the recording, can be purchased from Halfords, can be found online as well, mine was somewhere in the region of £200+, 

I just use a free app (Dashcam) on my iPhone. Front only.  Picture quality ok records in 3 minute chunks and you can allocate as much or little storage as you feel appropriate before it starts to over write previous recordings   You can protect video chunks so you can keep them if required it also warns you if you are going over the speed limit 

I use a Garmin DC56 on the front and a Garmin DC46 at the rear, they communicate via wi-fi, have voice control for taking a pic or recording a video, I wired them via a small switch fitted in the front dome light so that they can be switched on when in a public car park, footage has been used by the police for a red light jumper so good quality

Have this one very good picture quality front and back and 20% off at moment from amazon, I think cheaper than halfords here's a link

Nextbase 222XR Dash Cam Front and Rear Full 1080p/30fps HD Recording in Car DVR Cam 140° 6 lane Wide Viewing– Intelligent Parking Mode- Polarising Filter Compatible- G-Sensor Motion Detection https://amzn.eu/d/i0ghVhh

Hi I don't have a rear dash cam  but for the front I use a Mobius  it was originally designed for use on a drone , it has great quality and costs around £50 .And instead of  hard wiring I run it off a small charger( last or over 8 hours be fore needing recharging) I use a small square of Velcro  and fix it to the inside of the passenger sun visor , saves wires dangling  down.   Maybe not what you may want but hopefully may be useful to others who want a simple fix   

I have installed several nextbase dashcams and they are the best to be honest. The cables are long enough and you can jack into the drivers side fuse box for power. then run the cables along the trims to the boot.

I have the Viofo A129 Duo wired in permanently using their wiring kit add-on and a couple of fuse taps. It works great, the only problem is the USB cable to the rear cam is quite thick so it takes some effort to squeeze behind the trim.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the Blackvue twin camera.

Faultless for 4 years and you can use it with its own WiFi to monitor the cameras from your phone while inside the home.

Has internet remote viewing also and provides cloud uploads of any incident so it is safely away.

Not the cheapest but quality of cameras and workings are v good, it's reliable..

Also works while the engines off if you want for overnight recordings from its motion sensors..

Will let you know if it's triggered via the app...

Cheers..

Edited by Vellfire1